Dr. Paul Abrinko Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Paul Abrinko?

Bipolar Disorder

Have you seen Dr. Paul Abrinko?

6 Ratings with 1 Comment

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Showing 6 Ratings with 1 Comment

October 27th, 2011

They don't make 'em like Abrinko anymore!

When my therapist and I decided it was time for me to try medication, she said she'd get me an appointment with Dr. Abrinko because "he's one of the best." Boy is he! Anymore, most psychiatrists are merely prescription-writing machines on behalf of the patient's therapist and don't really take the time to get to know the patient themselves, but Dr. Abrinko really takes the time to talk to you and find out not just how the meds are working and if you have side effects but how your whole life is going and who you are as a person. If not for that caring, interested quality on Dr. Abrinko's part, I would likely still be struggling with undiagnosed ADHD and thinking depression was my only issue. He also treats me like an intelligent human being rather than a file and explains both why he's choosing to prescribe certain drugs over others and how they function. As a student pharmacology, I'm especially pleased that he listens to and respects my thoughts on what drug regimen might suit me and we often discuss the pros and cons of certain medications in the context of recent papers we've each read. He seems neither reticent to prescribe when it's needed nor eager to overmedicate a problem, and his demeanor is always just the right balance of warm and professional. Overall I'm thrilled with my experience with Dr. Abrinko and would unreservedly recommend him to anyone seeking a great psychiatrist.

December 27th, 2016