Dr. Paul Ackerman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 1st, 2016
superb orthopedic doctor
i had trauma to both knees. I was told by a doctor that i wouldn"t walk normal again.. I was recommended to doctor Ackerman by a relative. He was excellent!!! Under his care i recovered completely. i run five miles a day and play baseball and basketball regularly without any problem. More doctors should be like him and his staff.

May 23rd, 2016
i have been to three orthopedic surgeons in the past but i have never been to a doctor as compassionate and dedicated as .Dr Ackerman.. he explained all my options, spent a lot of time answering all my questiions. made me feel very comfortalbe< excellent results. i couldn"t dance for two years. now i am in ballroom dancing competition. excellent doctor. highly recommend him.

March 9th, 2016
excellent orthopedic doctor
i was under Dr Ackerman"s care for an injury to my back and left hip. another orthopedist advised surgery but doctor Ackerman recommended a conservative program. his plan worked well. after his treatment i was able to return to work and participate in all my normal activities. .He is truly a great doctor.

March 8th, 2016
well repected doctor
two of my friends recommended Dr Ackerman to me> i had bone tumor and doctor operated on it> excellent results. he is a compassionate doctor sho has great concern for his patients. . he explained everything to me and made me comfortible with the treatment .plan.. his staff was very pleasant. excelltn orthopedic doctor

December 16th, 2015
great
great doctor and customer service

October 24th, 2015
w
it wass excellent and trustful

April 10th, 2015
he spent a lot of time with me> explained my condition and give me different treatment options. I have been his patient 3 times in past five years.. staff was great and very pleasant. I had great results. excellent doctor! recommend him highly

May 23rd, 2014
Great doctor courteous staff

January 28th, 2012
After seeing 2 other orthopedics, i was referred to Dr. Ackerman by my attorney's. I must say i was very impressed by the proffessionalism of the staff and Doctor. I jut had shoulder surgery and am happy with my results. I would def recommend him to others.

December 10th, 2010
I recently had knee surgery with Dr. Ackerman and I must say i couldnt have been happier with my results. The staff was very courteous, my wait time was 15 minutes and the Dr. was great. I would definitely recommend him.

August 16th, 2010
Brooklyn Office Horrible!!!
The staff in Dr. Paul Ackermans office is horrible. They schedule tones of appointments, then they make you wait up to 2 hrs to see the doctor.The actual time with the doctor is 5 minutes if you are lucky.And I had knee surgery, scheduled a followup to take stiches out.Then got a call saying that my appointment is being cancelled because the doctor is leaving on vacation, ( they called 2 days before the appointment ) Finally had them taken out and the then came back for next appointment and was told that because i came at 7:45 am instead of 7:27 am ( my appointment time) the doctor will not see me. I left, called in a week later to get an appointment, made it. Came in again on a saturday at 7:15 am - on time - only to be turned away saying that I never had an appointment, that they have a fool-proof computer system, that my appointment was the week before ( when the doctor happened to be on vacation ) and that I was a liar - in those exact words !!! I was appalled and was made to look like a crazy liar all because the staff runs the office poorly. I had to walk out with out seeing the doctor, and have not seen a follow up after the surgery. I spoke to the medical board, and I wasnt the first to be treated like this !!!!Long story short, he knew how to take my money for the surgery, but as soon as it came to follow ups there was no care who I was and if I healed properly. And the staff was unbelievable. I would never ever recommend this office, because I would never want any other human being to be treated this poorly.