A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Paul Akerman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Paul Akerman is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Paul Akerman, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Akerman graduated from George Washington University.
Dr. Akerman has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Rhode Island Hospital
- The Miriam Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Paul Alfred Akerman MD is a male Internist, has 26 years of experience and practices in Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Paul A. Akerman practice?
- Dr. Paul Akerman has 5 office locations.
Dr. Paul Akerman practices Gastroenterology near Providence, RI.
Additional practice locations include: Portsmouth, RI and East Greenwich, RI.
See Providence Gastroenterologists.