Dr. Paul Alphonse Jr MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

January 18th, 2017
Dr Alphonse
Diagnosed husband first time correctly - had a game plan to cure kidney stones and took the time to explain the process of what happened, and what was needed next. Glad we found him as a doc.

June 30th, 2016
Literally saved my life with his accurate and timely diagnosis

February 16th, 2015
Dr. Alphonse is very good with his patients and offers good alternatives for patients suffering with complicated men's health problems. You don't always get seen right away at time of your appointment but his office and Dr. Alphonse are very flexible

March 4th, 2014
Not recommended
If I had taken his advice I would have undergone an expensive, debilitating and unnecessary biopsy. He seemed very eager to jump to conclusions and give me surgery after inconclusive testing. Not recommended.

March 7th, 2013
If you want to pull your hair out, call this office.
My son and I visited Dr. Alphonse for the first time. We were trying to figure out why my son is in a lot of pain. As we were leaving the office, the front office assistance gave us perscriptions and said they will call us to schedule an MRI. We was so confused, the doctor did not discuss the plans with us. On top of that we never got the call from the front office about scheduling for MRI. A week later, I had to called them to remind them to schedule it. When we get to the MRI center, they said they couldn't do the MRI because my son had a medal pump in his stomach. Well, if the Doc. read my son's file he would have known not to request an MRI. We wasted time, gas, work day and school day. After that the Doc. ordered a CT scan. As of now it been one month I'm still waiting for the scheduler to call to set up CTscan. With in that month I called two times, again to remind them to set up CT scan. I spoke with the manager of the office. She was so rude She said she was going to fix the situation. "I'm still waiting and pulling my hair"

August 10th, 2012
this man is an excellent doctor, may God continue to bless ur ministry!

June 23rd, 2012
The worst post-op care ever
Allowing this surgeon to do surgery on myself 2 years ago was the worst decision of my life. There was minimal concern for the complications, and long term severe pain that I have experienced as a result of surgery. After 3 follow up appointments and 6 months of recovery this surgeon denied any possibility that my pain was the result of the surgery, and referred me to another surgeon to continue my care. I feel that he is only capable of handling surgical outcomes that are positive. You're on your own if you have complications.

June 20th, 2012
Poor Experience
I would not recommend this practice. The staff is rude, nobody ever calls you back and I always waited at least an hour at each appointment. After several years, I still have no diagnosis as to what is causing my issues. A new doctor is now doing blood work and many additional tests to help determine why I am having problems. None of this was done with Midtown Urology. Go elsewhere if service is important to you.

June 7th, 2012
Don't make an appointment unless you have hours to wait!

February 23rd, 2012
Post op
Not engaging. Poor bedside manner. A little condescending.

October 15th, 2010
Long wait in office, but does a great job
I saw Dr. Alphonse for a complicated erectile dysfunction problem. I waited over an hour in the room, yet he treated me like I was his only patient. I have a great penile pump that make me and my wife happy

August 29th, 2010
Unqualified
I had been a very happy patient of another doctors at the office for 12 years, I was forced to see/switch to Dr Alphonse against my wishes. When I called I had an emergency and surgery was essential, I was told over and over by the office staff that my doctor of 12 years was not available, if I needed to see a doctor I would have to see Dr. Alphonse. At my first appointment with Dr Alphonse I was very uncomfortable and despite my objections I was told again by Alphonse that my reg doctor was unavailable and would not be available, I would have to see him "Dr Alphonse" for my problem.My surgery first surgery went OK as far as I know, I had a malfunctioning implant and it was removed. After 6 months I went back to have a new implant installed and that second surgery could not have been any worst, the implant was improperly prepped by Dr Alphonse and malfunctioned right away, within a couple of days. Because it was not properly flushed Chrystal's had formed and clogged the devise. I refused to let Dr Alphonse preform another surgery on me to remove the devise. In this patient's opinion Dr. Alphonse is unqualified to preform surgery!