A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Paul Auwaerter:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Paul Auwaerter is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Paul Auwaerter, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- AIDS-Related Opportunistic Infections
- Bone marrow inflammation (Osteomyelitis)
- Community-Acquired Infections
- Epstein-Barr Virus Infections
- Fever of Unknown Origin
- Lyme Disease
- Mono (Infectious Mononucleosis)
- Respiratory Tract Infections
- Tick-Borne Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Auwaerter graduated from Columbia University, New York. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Auwaerter has 2 hospital affiliations:
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Johns Hopkins Geriatrics Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Auwaerter accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- AMERIGROUP - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- CareFirst - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Priority Partners - 3 plans
- Geisinger Health Plan - 4 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Paul G. Auwaerter practice?
Dr. Paul Auwaerter practices Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine, and Infectious Disease near Baltimore, MD.
Additional practice locations include: Lutherville Timonium, MD.
See Baltimore Emergency Physicians, Baltimore Internists, and Baltimore Infectious Disease Doctors.