inactive

Paul C Azer MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

December 6th, 2013
Experiences of a new patient with a new doctor
I went to see Dr. Azer because my doctor was unavailable. He took his time going through my records and than announced "you need surgery as soon as possible." I was really taken back by this as I had come in to get some testing done. I can't tell you how many times he told me I need surgery. I made a follow up visit to find out the test results. Upon arrival I was a bit shocked by his demeanor. I told me that I did not understand our conversation during the last visit. He accused me of talking to my primary doctor and my endocrinologist. Which was not true. He then told me I did not need surgery. After reading the reviews by others I have to agree that I feel this man is out of touch with what is happening in medical. He needs to updated his training in his field of medicine as he is definitely behind the times. Needless to say I did not and will not return to see him again.

July 19th, 2012
Burnout Doctor
Dr Azer was my primary treating physician for many years. He was knowledgeable, proactive and caring doctor. I trusted him explicitely. Unfortunately in a last few years he lost his most important characteristic - caring for a patient. That is a shame.

May 22nd, 2012
Excellent Doctor - Highly Recommended
I have chronic hypothyroidism and have seen various doctors and specialists over the years. Dr. Azer is one of the best yet. He is very knowledgeable, personable, generous with his time and has a good sense of humor. I would definitely recommend him to my family and friends. I should add that my appointment was at 1:45PM and that is exactly when my name was called. I was surprised to see that he was the one who greeted me at the door and he saw me immediately.

December 22nd, 2011
rude
office staff is rude to the point of being discourteous. The technician who drew blood was very professional. Dr. Azer is very professional but lacks warmth.

October 19th, 2011
Terrible Bedside manners
The Dr. Needs to improve his bedside manners. He never remembers his patients even after 7 years of care???? he freaken has to re-diagnose you as if its the first time he sees you.... In my mind he is not a good Dr.

April 3rd, 2011
excellent you can trust him

January 17th, 2011
Nasty, rude, unprofessional, full of himself.
Nice staff, especially Sophia. Rude, unpleasant, obnoxious doctor. I wouldn't even know if he was a good or a bad doctor - he spent so little time with me. He said, "I have good news and bad news: here's a free meter and you have diabetes.". Good bedside manner, right? Is this how a good doctor should deliver life-changing news? No explanation, no guideance, ZERO compassion or human interest. It was so shocking - I still remember this years later.

April 10th, 2009
A doctor that really cares
Dr Azer tells you the facts and doesn't sugarcoat them. He does his part in treating diabetes and expects his patients to do the same. A LOT of people don't deal seriously with diabetes. These are people that frustrate doctors. If you want an excellent doctor, a doctor that truly cares about you, a great doctor to treat you, I recommend Dr Azer. If you want somebody to be warm and cuddly, get a teddy bear.

January 27th, 2009
A real jerk
Treats patients and staff like they're morons.

July 29th, 2008
Excellent Doctor with Excellent Office Personnel
Dr. Azer has been our family doctor for three generations now. Although his specialty is endocrinology, he works as our general practitioner. He has contributed to keeping my father, 96 years old, alive and well, and has offered the rest of us great care. When my wife was struck by a very serious brain injury, Dr. Azer provided advice from ambulance to discharge from the hospital, one month later. In this complex case, payments from the medical insurer took months to straighten out, but Dr. Azer's office was always understanding and allowed time for everything to settle and resolve on the financial front. His facility, which he shares with several other docs, is pristine and would be like a hospital in a smaller town. Finally, his nurses are absolutely top-notch, whether it be drawing blood or saying a kind word. Always prompt and always available, I highly recommend Dr. Azer.