Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Confused show details Confused
Mar 12th, 2014

The worst experience ever. When my appointment was scheduled, I told his staff about the reports from my er visit 2 weeks prior, they said they would get them before my appointment. The day of my appointment the doctor said it would take 2 days to get them, so he put me through the same tests as the er, 4 weeks earlier. I was diagnosed with one thing in the er and his diagnosis was another. When I asked for an explanation of his findings, he said I was one of the unlucky ones. I left his office totally confused. I don't know if he was having a bad day or whatever, he was the rudest doctor I have ever experienced.. I will never go back.

Concerned show details Concerned
May 27th, 2011

Sometimes Dr.'s need to slow down and listen to their patients. I loved this Dr. until something went wrong. I thought being able to get in and out quickly was a good thing but sometimes taking your time to listen and paying more attention to the little things can save a life.He passed my problem off and almost caused me to lose my baby. I'm not saying the issue I had during the pregnancy was his fault but when I told him what was going on he brushed it off and didn't take it seriously. If I had taken his advise my child would not be here today. I'm sure he has had many successful births but I suggest you make sure he takes all concerns you have seriously. He may be seeing an average of 45 patients a day but this is your child your are trusting him with. All Dr.s are human and make errors and any Dr. can miss the signs. I don't suggest not using this Dr. just make sure he is listening to you!

Wonderful show details Wonderful
by Staci on Apr 26th, 2010

I would highly recommend Dr Paul Hunter. He is the most caring Dr I have ever met. He is highly intelligent for I have many many health problems and he always has an answer to my questions. He never rushes you in the office and always takes time to explain everything to you. I wouldn't go to anyone else and I would drive across the country to see him.

by Amanda on Jul 10th, 2009

You can not find a more qualified or caring OB/ Gyn in the Kanawha Valley

Peace of mind show details Peace of mind
by Carole Cline on Mar 15th, 2009

Every thing went well from the day of my surgery till I went home the afternoon the day after the surgery.( I had a hysterectomy). The hospital care was excellent. Dr. Hunter talked with after the surgery, before I was discharged, and called me at home several days later to say there was no cancer. I had 2 months of uterine bleeding (Dec. 26,2008-Feb.26, 2009. The hospital date was the earliest the surgery could be scheduled, but it was worth the wait. I am feeling so much better, and grateful to Dr. Hunter.

Twins show details Twins
by Anna West on Jan 21st, 2009

Dr Paul Hunter took exceptional care of me during my last pregnancy which i delived twins 2 months early. He was right there and did an emergency c-section. Bravo!