Otolaryngologists
1201 County Line Rd
Ste 101
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
610-520-0900
Locations and availability (21)

2.5

|  show details
Aug 6th, 2012

My young adult daughter was treated a year ago for sinus related issues. After waiting an hour to see him, he stuck a tube up her nose before sedation took effect. He had absolutely no bedside manner. He ordered allergy testing which was administered by his nurse the following day. She stuck my daughter 64 times within an hour then sent her home. (We've since learned that standard protocol is to spread the shots over 4 visits and have the patient stay in the office for a half hour after the shots are administered.) My daughter ended up in the ER that evening in anaphylactic shock. Although my daughter and the ER contacted his office while we were in the ER, when we went back for follow up, Swanson had no idea we'd been there. Obviously we'd never consider going back or recommending this doctor.

|  show details
Jul 8th, 2012

I had a fantastic experience with Dr. Swanson. He gave prompt, courteous, professional care. I needed both sinus surgery and ear tubes to fix my problems which had been bothering me for years. The sinus surgery opened up my nose and sinuses so I can breath easily and not get sinus infections anymore. Since I got the ear tubes, I haven't had any ear infections. I have recommended Dr. Swanson to all my friends and family that need an ENT doc.

|  Ear Surgery Gone Bad  |  show details
Apr 24th, 2012

I had T-tubes put into both ears and had a problem in the Recovery Room, the doctor was already doing another operation and was told to take Tylenol when I got home. I never received a follow-up call after the operation. I was experiencing pain all weekend so I called the office and was told Dr. Swanson was not in the Phoenixville office on Monday but I either can go to the office where he was or see another doctor in Phoenixville. I choose to see another doctor (Dr. Greenberg). Dr. Greenberg was great very compassionate and explained that the T-Tube was resting on a bone and that was causing the pain and he was able to re-align the tube to stop the pain. Unfortunately, the pain continued and I was under Dr. Swansons care for a couple of weeks, every week he would adjust the T-Tube, and he never said that I had holes in BOTH my ears! Due to the intense pain in my left ear the doctor removed the T-Tube from only the left ear.After a couple of weeks of not getting better, I talked to my Primary Care doctor and she gave me another doctor to help with my ear pain. I was able to get an appointment right away and the doctor told me that I had holes in BOTH my ears and he would never had recommended putting in T-Tubes. He also said that I would need to have surgery to close the holes because it was a couple of months since my surgery and the hole would not close by itself. He also said the T-Tube in the right ear was not doing its job because of the hole and the T-Tube should be removed I let him remove the T-Tube. The doctor recommended that I get a second opinion before I decide to get surgery to close the holes in my ears.I did get a second opinion with the same results to have surgery to close the holes but he said only do one ear at a time and because the left ear was the worst to get it done first.My complaints with Dr. Swanson was that right after the surgery I had pain and it was not addressed nor did he show any compassion/concern to my problem. I identified the pain right after the surgery, re-stated my complaint about the pain and swooshing noise in my ear and he NEVER owed up to the damage that was done and how to correct it! I believe if I didnt go to another doctor I would still be experiencing tweaking of the T-Tube and not have the problem resolved.