Dr. Paul Barbera Jr MD Patient Reviews

2.9

August 18th, 2015
He's frank, which is exactly what I want out of my doctor. I like him a lot and would recommend him to anyone in the Baltimore area based on interaction, unless you're one of those hyper-sensitive types. Punctuality and appointment accessibility can be issues at times though. Granted, I've never met a punctual family doctor anyway, to be honest.

March 16th, 2015
Enjoy the waiting room
Very condasending. Never on time for his appointments. Make sure you've got plenty of time.

July 13th, 2013
Overtly rude, unprofessional staff
I've been seeing Dr. Barbera as my primary doctor for about a year. He's caring and has a decent bedside manner; however, he tends to speak in a condescending manner. I don't know if he does it to everyone, but he definitely does so with me. I've been contemplating finding another primary care physician due to his continuously unprofessional, rude staff -- particularly the front desk staff. They make you feel so unwelcome and roll their eyes when on the phone with other patients, so you have to figure they do the same thing to you. One day I was in a hurry and he was running late, so I asked the one girl up front how long the doctor would be, and the ruder of the two girls jumped in and actually seemed happy to tell me "He's running very late, so you'll have to either wait or reschedule -- it's up to you". Not polite, but snippy and rude...as usual. My blood pressure rises even thinking about it. Additionally, the front desk people are supposed to just do scheduling or take your BP, weight and temp then put you into the room. But I've heard them discussing patients where everyone can hear them. The reason I see the doctor, should I need to, is MINE and my DOCTOR'S business....not theirs.

July 11th, 2011
Bad bedside manner
Great staff, but the doctor is rude and accusatory to the patients. He could use a little compassion.

May 28th, 2011
the wait was long, the dr. had horrible bedside manner, felt rushed and still not having an understanded idea of health issue.