Dr. Paul Barrus DO Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 30th, 2015
Former Patient
In Jan. 2013, I wrote a glowing review of Dr. Paul Barrus. A month later he sent me a weird letter dismissing me as a patient. It was totally gibberish. Evidently his wife picks and chooses who he treats. I have NEVER been treated this way by a doctor and it makes me wonder if there is something wrong with him. Evidently he is semi-retired anyway but if you don't want to get your feelings crushed, stay away from this practice which sends letters that make no sense and refuse to tell you why you are no longer welcome. Strange, weird and scary.

January 21st, 2015
Most at ease and thorough doctor's visit ever! He solved 3 problems in ONE VISIT! Amazing the difference when your doctor really cares!!! New lease on life!!

January 15th, 2015
Dr. Barrus sold his practice to a ruthless businessman. Dr. Barrus's patients are now seen by a rude female PA from out of this country. He is just there 1 week a month, mainly to review her records. The office is going down fast. I have found another family doctor who actually cares.

January 16th, 2013
Best Doctor
I feel very fortunate to be a patient of Dr. Barrus. He is an excellent diagnostician. He listens well and has excellent bedside manner. He is a compassionate and caring doctor. Thank goodness for Dr. Barrus.

July 28th, 2011
Very Very Good DOCTOR!!!
The Dr. Barrus is an amazing doctor!! He pays attention to you when your talking.He really cares about what I'm saying when I speak. His staff is wonderful his nurse she is as sweet and helpful as she can be!! I'm so glad I found this doctor he gets 4 stars from me!!

June 2nd, 2011
p

June 2nd, 2011
Great Dr. but terrible, rude and unprofessional office staff
Dr Barrus is a good family doctor. A bit forgetfull from visit to visit, you might to remind him of your history, but otherwise he seems to know his stuff.Now regarding the office staff, Joyce (Dr. Barrus assitant) is simply rude, unprofessional and not at all willing to help you out. She frequently hangs up on patient calling and seems to often be on a power trip.Good luck with her!!

May 10th, 2011
BEST Dr. in DENTON!
I have been seeing Dr. Barrus for over 11+ years now and he is the BEST doctor in Denton, Texas - PERIOD! He listens to everything I say and is VERY thorough in his diagnoses. I love him!!!

September 30th, 2010
BEST Doctor in DENTON!
I've been going to see Dr. Barrus for over 10+ years. He's absolutely the BEST doctor in Denton! He may take a long time to see occasionally; however, that's because he is VERY thorough, and genuinely CARES about his patients...a trait going by the way of the dinosaurs! I don't mind waiting to see him, because there have been times I was VERY ill and he took the time to question me thoroughly.He also has a WHOLE NEW STAFF who are all EXCELLENT!!!THANK you, Dr. Barrus for being the BEST! I don't know what I'll do if he ever retires! )c;

June 21st, 2010
homey atmosphere with professional care.
Dr. Barrus has a new staff (good change) that is very competent and caring. They also respect the patients and each other. Dr. Barrus was able to diagnose my disorder that other doctors over 20 years were unable to do. He is working with me towards regaining my life and managing my health.

July 25th, 2015