Paul V Beals MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Washington, DC

3.9

October 5th, 2016
Unsatisfactory treatment
Dr. Beals treated me for 6 months for Lyme disease and 6 weeks for heavy metals. He gave me no information about the chelation--and either little or contradicting information through his staff. When I asked in-depth questions, 3 different staff members told me on what ended up being my last visit that I was done with chelation--when I had previously been told I would need at least 2 or 3 rounds. Beals also prescribed blood pressure medicine that was unnecessary and red yeast rice for high cholesterol while I was being treated for Lyme. Since my strength had been declining and I had not seen any improvement, I had another doctor review my case who said to stop taking the red yeast rice immediately. Three other supplements I was charged for were either ineffective or caused adverse reactions. I still do not know if my Lyme disease has been cured and Beals never addressed my repeated concerns about getting progressively weaker (to the point where I have difficulty walking and standing and doing self care). Staff members were also unprofessional at times. DO NOT use this doctor unless you do your homework very carefully and ask plenty of questions!!! Although he did return one call to clear up some confusion about the antibiotics he prescribed, he appears to be more interested in charges than the health of his patients.

September 1st, 2016
Dr. Beals is the epitome of what a family doctor should be.

February 22nd, 2016
Dr Beals is an excellent practitioner who diligently follows current research and questions guidelines from various organizations He was doctor # 8, and the only one who has treated me effectively.

January 27th, 2016
Mortgage Banker
When my son was first diagnosed with Lyme Disease the typical treatment with every doctor was a 10 day supply of Antibiotics. These Antibiotics only gave some relief to symptoms but once finished the disease would come back only harder. After 3 different doctors and statements like these " you will have it the rest of your life" or "if you take the required Antibiotics you should be fine"! I decided to grasp at straws and look into doctors who challenge what others in their field consider "Alternative Medicine". Dr. Beal's name came up, so I researched him, and yes you will find that the Medical Board had problems with him as well as other associations. But his outside of the box treatments has been awesome in helping my son. The medical system doesn't want this issue cured its a money making field that's why they Witch Hunt doctors like doctor Beal. At the end of the day the Antibiotic Program and Supplements have saved my boys way of life. He also looked at my sons rashes within seconds said "he has Bartonella Disease a strand of the Lyme's Virus.......he concluded it based on stretchmark like worm scaring all over my son's body. As I have researched this disease he was spot on.......not one nimwit doctor ever approached it or concluded it from the 50 voles of blood they drew. I highly recommend Dr Beal.....you just need to be open minded and listen to him!

May 29th, 2015
I took my sister to Dr Beals after two years of deterioration and negative Lyme tests. She finally started responding to treatment after three months with Dr Beals, and continues to improve, now in the ninth month of treatment. She could hardly walk from knee arthritis, had cognitive impairments, psychiatric symptoms, balance problems and speech deficits. Her weight loss resulted in moving from a size 12 to size 6, secondary to chronic nausea/vomiting. Dr Beals has been patient and consistent, and, fortunately, knowledgeable. Unfortunately, provision of competent treatment for chronic lyme and associated diseases carries risk of harassment from medical boards in various states, including Maryland. The CDC is way behind on this issue.

August 8th, 2013
Terrible
Good luck making an appointment! When you do see him he is rude, as is Fran. They just go through the motions. Never did any bloodwork either! The new Dr has no clue what she is doing! Don't waste your time!

September 5th, 2011
Dr. Beals is intelligent, patient, and good at what he does. He returns phone calls within a few days, takes detailed notes, and keeps up to date on his research.

November 9th, 2010
excellent excellent doctor

May 25th, 2010
The Best Dr In The World...
I can only say that in my life of over53 years. I've never been more cared for. Dr Beals is the most concerned, caring, proffesional, and helpful Dr I've ever seen or heard of. I've told all of my friends, family, and even broadcasted a non payed for commercial acrossed the airwaves for over a decade, to get the message out about the Amazing Dr Beals.Over the years, He helped me with my Depression, IBS, Cronich Pain, and Gastro-Intestinal disorders. I sadly; had to move away. But I miss Dr Beals and Fran his wonderful secretary.I love and miss them dearly.

April 4th, 2010
Wonderful and competent doctor
I am currently being treated for Lyme disease and have made a lot of progress under Dr. Beals's care. He's very courteous and good about answering my questions without making me feel rushed. I am confident that I will have a full recovery under his care. He keeps detailed notes of your visit which helps with the insurance claims. Everything is very professional and organized. I HIGHLY recommend him.

March 14th, 2010
Dr. Beals has been the best for me
Dr. Beals helped me so much. He very quickly identified 3-4 things that were making me miserable. A year of checking on me, adjusting medicine as needed, I feel as healthy and strong as anyone my age can be (I am 63). I trust him, brought a friend to him that had a very serious case of Lymes Disease - and he was the only doctor that named it and started her on the road to recovery. He always makes me feel hopeful - that there are answers to the way you feel. And for me, he had been terrific.

October 11th, 2009
Best Doctor we have ever found.
We were a military family that eventually came across Dr. Paul Beals when we were assigned to the Washington, D.C. area. We think of Dr. Beals as the best doctor we ever found up to that point and the best one we have come across since. As far as we are concerned, he is tops.