A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Paul Beer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Paul Beer is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Paul Beer, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Bacterial Eye Infections
- Eye Cancer
- Macular Edema
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Beer graduated from Stony Brook University.
Dr. Beer has 10 hospital affiliations:
- St Peter's Hospital
- Southwestern Vermont Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Beer accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 2 plans
- HealthNow New York - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 3 plans
- Fidelis Care - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Aetna - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield - 15 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 15 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont - 12 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Paul M. Beer practice?
Dr. Paul Beer practices Ophthalmology near Slingerlands, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Albany, NY and Queensbury, NY.
See Slingerlands Ophthalmologists.