A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Paul Befanis:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Paul Befanis, Ophthalmologist, Internist is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Befanis
Macular Degeneration Patient Education Learn all about wet and dry macular degeneration, common symptoms and how this diease affects the eye.Before Visiting Dr. Befanis Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Paul Befanis, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Corneal Ulcer
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Far-sightedness (Hyperopia)
- LASIK (Laser In Situ Keratomileusis)
- Macular Degeneration
- Near Sightedness (Myopia)
- Pink eye (Conjunctivitis)
- Retina Surgery
Education & Awards
Dr. Befanis graduated from University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.
Dr. Befanis has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Holmes Regional Medical Center
- Palm Bay Community Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Paul James Befanis MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 32 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Paul J. Befanis practice?
- Dr. Paul Befanis has 2 office locations.
Dr. Paul Befanis practices Ophthalmology near Melbourne, FL.
Additional practice locations include: Merritt Island, FL.
See Melbourne Ophthalmologists.