Dr. Paul Berger MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 16th, 2015
Very bad experience with this Doc!
It's a very long story but suffice to say he made a serious mistake with my medication which made me very ill. He never appologized or acknowledged what he did. Also he claims to be an integrative holistic physician yet he pushes toxic vaccinations. If you are looking for a truly holistic doc I would NOT recommend Paul Berger.

October 14th, 2013
Dr. Berger has been exceptional in listening to my concerns, and addressing each one with a holistic approach. Although my symptoms have been complex and I am still working with Dr. Berger on treating all of them, I feel as though he has cared more than any other doctor I've seen in Boulder by recommending non-invasive treatments (sleep hygiene, herbs, therapeutic treatments, etc.) rather than just dismissing me or writing a prescription and hoping for the best. Thank you Dr. Berger!

August 13th, 2013
World's Greatest Doctor
Dr Berger has been our family doctor for a few years and we trust his advice completely. He is extremely bright, balanced, thorough without being an alarmist, and his loving child rearing philosophy mirrors ours. We feel very fortunate to have crossed paths with such an amazing person.

July 15th, 2013
Exceptional
Dr. Berger is exceptional. He was highly recommended to us by a friend, and we are now lucky to have him as our family's doctor. Dr. Berger is thorough, kind, personable, and extremely gifted. On my initial visit he diagnosed me immediately and his dietary recommendations, etc have made a great difference in my health. Our family trusts him and recommends him!

June 12th, 2013
While Dr. Berger may be an adequate doctor, his office is far from acceptable. It takes multiple calls from me and at least 72 hours to get them to call me back regarding follow-ups on tests or prescriptions. I have never had this problem at any other office!

February 13th, 2013
Patient Feedback
Dr. Berger's advice made a dramatic change in my daily behavior. I suffered a traumatic brain injury in 2005. Before the injury I was physically active but afterwards, I became less active. When I tried to exercise I would quickly become over stimulated with symptoms like sensitivity to sound, light, and hearing, and fatigue and irritability and decreased ability to think or concentrate. Naturally, I gained a lot of weight, which made me more tired. He said, "You must force yourself to exercise. If you don't, you will lose the ability to exercise." The idea of losing the ability to exercise was very unpleasant, actually, a bit frightening to me. But the fear was at a level to motivate me, not discourage me. Since then I have been walking or cycling almost every day. I notice an improved mood and outlook on life, thanks to Dr. Berger's solemn words. Thank you Dr. Berger!

December 11th, 2011
I came to Dr Berger after 6 months of being shuffled around standard medical centers without any progress or diagnosis. I had severe joint and muscle pain around 12 different joints, problems with digestion, vision, balance- everything was going crazy. I couldn't walk or sit upright long enough to do my job. I had to lay down 22 hours a day. I'd heard that holistic doctors take a different approach, so I decided to give it a shot. He recommended an Elimination Diet, where first I would go down to only meat and non-starchy vegetables, then gradually add more kinds of food back in if my body doesn't react badly.It wasn't easy, but wow was it worth it. Within 48 hours, I was walking better. At 1 week, I could walk half a mile. At 2 weeks I started to be able to work again. After 3 weeks almost all of the pain was gone. I had been in pain for about 5 years.I don't think that the Elimination Diet is a cure-all for anyone, but for some of us, it's a life saver.I highly recommend Dr Berger for the times you need someone who will treat you as a whole person and try to address the root of the problem, not just try to treat individual symptoms. He's very approachable, kind, and I waited a grand total of about 5 minutes.

August 2nd, 2011
Great Doctor
I changed doctors last year because I wanted soemone more caring, more alternative and with more helpful and creative ideas and solutions. Dr. Berger has more than fulfilled my hopes and expectations. In one appointment and a blood test he solved a problem I had been struggling with for a long time. Another doctor had never thought of giving me this simple blood test. Dr Berger listens, makes eye contact, is sincere and has never hurried me or treated me dismissively. He asks wise questions and has made wonderful suggestions for alternative solutions as well. I have great respect of and appreciation for Dr. Bergerand feel fortunate to have found him. I suspect anyone who does not like him is not very interested in taking and sharing responsibility for his/her own healing. In addition he has helped my husband solve a challenging problem. Neither of us would hesitate to recommend him. I feel he goes beyond what is required of him and what is generally offered in GP medical practices today with the normal 15 minute appointment slot.

August 1st, 2011
I was referred to Dr. Berger by a friend who's seen him for a number of years. I'm glad I took her advice. I found Dr. Berger to be caring, direct, and professional. He made suggestions that are easy to carry out, and I can already feel positive results from following these suggestions.

May 17th, 2011
The coolest doctor!
Dr. Berger is the coolest doctor! He is caring, knowledgeable, and has a great sense of humor. He will sit you down and keep you there until you have raised of of your concerns, and then make a plan for how to treat whatrever you've seen him for. I never felt rushed during my visit to his office. I live in Castle Rock but am glad to drive to Boulder for the personal attention paid by Dr. Berger. He is truly the best doctor I've ever had.EV

January 25th, 2011
Paul is great. Most times he has a more natural solution to cure what ails me, but he is not into voodoo either. Have gone there for a dozen years and have been very satisfied.