Dr. Paul Biewen Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Paul Biewen?

Migraine

Get the facts about migraine headaches, including the different types of migraine and migraine triggers.

Have you seen Dr. Paul Biewen?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

January 11th, 2016

Immediate Pain Relief

I am a 67 year old active , still working woman and went to Dr. Biewen for a hip injection with a hip replacement in my future. Fear of the unknown is a powerful force, but the smiles, laughter and healing touch of Dr. Biewen and his team were equally powerful. I had immediate relief after 9 months of pain.

December 29th, 2015

Surprised myself

I had no idea who I was scheduled to see for my emg testing. I honestly thought I was seeing a technician. I arrived way too early. I was confused as to what time my appointment was for so we left & returned 20 min later. Unfortunately I believe I made them late. The internet said they opened at 8:30 but my appointment was for 8. Either way I checked in & was quickly brought into the room. The people could've been rude with me as some other places have been for running a few minutes behind but they weren't. The lady was nice. She offered another pillow for my neck which was very thoughtful in my opinion. Little things do go a long way. Then the "technician" walked in & asked how I was feeling. I explained I was having a pain so he wanted to be sure I was ok to go ahead. He genuinely seemed concerned. I decided I was ok to go ahead. He forewarned me of what to expect. He was professional as well as methodical. The whole procedure went fairly quickly. We stuck up a conversation & I was laughing quite a bit. It took my mind off the procedure itself, which is nice if you've ever had one of these before. They're not the most comfortable experiences to endure. I asked him if he knew anything about backs & asked about a certain term & not once did he ever make me feel ignorant or act like he was above me. He spoke to me about what he did know, which was very informative. He was not arrogant in the slightest. The way he did it even makes me giggle now. I had no clue he was an M.D.! Reading the few poor comments shouldn't have any bearing on meeting him at least once. Rarely do people comment on positive experiences. The only reason why I am commenting is because I wanted to find someone who can do an injection for my neck & his name showed up. I was amused at myself for not realizing who he was. Then I was struck by the negative comments. He was not anything as they said. He was funny, personable, compassionate, and informative. I wish I had known who he was so I could have picked his brain some more! When I asked him if he knew anything about backs he said in the most humble way, "a little." The delivery made it even more funny now that I know how knowledgeable this gentleman is. He was never condescending towards me & as a matter of fact didn't even correct me when I pronounced a term incorrectly. I felt I was saying it wrong & asked him how do you say it? He was not rude in the slightest when he told me. I didn't feel like another number & I have been feeling that way from other people for this condition. I can say I honestly enjoyed meeting him & hope you will give him a chance before a few bad reviews cloud your decision making. Oh and I literally didn't wait even 20 seconds before I was brought back. He was in the room within 3 minutes. Another thing, he did say what his initial thoughts were as soon as it was finished. I appreciated that as well, waiting is not fun!

August 10th, 2013

wish I'd read these reviews first

Disinterested, cold, not empathetic, , withholding, not aware of your history prior to doing a procedure, and uncommunicative. Assistant doesn't return calls for several days. How did he get hired by TC Ortho. I'm looking for a new doc.

May 2nd, 2013

I like Dr Biewen but dont know if he is worth trying to work with his asstistant. What I found thoroughly maddening was that she never answers her phone which is understandable if she is busy but when I have to leave four detailed messages asking a question, each time giving my daytime work phone number for their reply, it would be nice to get a call back but I did not and then when I take the next step and send a fax to try to get an answer, I finally get a call back but am treated rudely because she says she did leave 3 messages on my home phone - Not- why would I go through all of that if she answered my question with all those messages.?

January 18th, 2013

I was not at all impressed with Dr Biewen! He did not read the history I had provided for him and did not seem interested in problem solving or finding something to help my pain. He spent very little time with me after waiting weeks for the appointment. He has a terrible bedside manner and told me he had no idea how to begin to help me. He seemed to talk down to me instead of trying to help.

July 14th, 2012

FORGET DR BIEWEN...HORRIBLE DR

His patients are nothing but ATM machines for him, and he pads the bill. $260 for my office call, maybe 10-15 minutes. He argued with me about trivial things, such as the pronuncation of Lyrica, rather than treat me for my condition. This doctor is arrogant,rude, condescending, antisocial, with no regard for the welfare or feelings of me as a patient. As a pain patient for 30 years from breaking my back after being thrown from a car, and then a second time skiing, he refused to treat my pain, and told me I needed to establish a 'relationship' with him during several office visits first. He ignored all my medical records I brought from out of state. One of many bad doctors out there, only in it to bill insurance, not to help suffering patients.

June 7th, 2010

Dr Biewen

Dr Biewen takes a very professional approach to caring for my chronic pain. He listens to my symptoms and uses the best methods of controlling my pain. My care is well thought out and never overly medicated.

January 29th, 2010

sad

Really poor, does not fill meds on time, acts bored and yawns during visits, rude assistant.

February 10th, 2016