Dr. Paul Black MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Gate City, VA

• Good
  • Bad

July 21st, 2017
I had 5 family members going to Dr. Black.Had no problems.Now one of my sons has left the the group since Dr. Black Left.My Husband & I are thinking about it.I still have another son & his wife that hasn't decided yet.We were very disappointed that things went the way they did,because we didn't know there was any problem.Couldn't find out anthing.It was really a shock to us.

December 31st, 2014
Competent and caring
Dr. Black is an extremely caring physician who spends quite a bit of time with each patient, and he is thoughtful in his dealings with patients, or at least I have found him to be so. He is oriented toward natural remedies, which is why I sought him out; I think most people are overdrugged these days. He has a background as a chiropractor, which gives him a dimension of knowledge that most medical doctors lack. I doubt he will win awards for bedside manner, but most of that, I think, is a cultural difference. Dr. Black is not from the South, and his manner reflects that. I'm much more interested in competence and caring, however, as I have gone to too many physicians in this area who are wonderfully sweetnatured and are also pushing pills at every opportunity. Dr. Black is a very good person, I think, but he is not saccharine or phony, and my impression is that phonies do quite well around here. I'd suggest ignoring any reviews of his bedside manner and focusing on what he actually does for you. He is the real article, not a phony.

September 2nd, 2013
Non caring doctor...Paul Black
Again, another visit to Dr. Black. As usual he acts if he doesn't, care or listen to you. He can never look you in the eye. He is always typing and most of the time, can,t repeat back what you said. He is trying to incorporate his chiropractic crap with his medical field. I have found out he knows very little about either field. Wish Dr. Wolfe would come back and practice again. Guess I will have to find another Dr. Again, the staff is so stressed out because he takes his anger out on then. If he is having a bad day, watch out staff, he screams at them. His nurse Linda is sooo stressed and walking on egg shells from all his outrage. I"m gone to another Dr.

August 2nd, 2013
Paul Black
He doesn't listen. He types as you talk and then cant repeat back what you said. He will over talk you. Has said that everything is related to weight and foods, even if you just have a cut on your finger. I am thinking about leaving this office. He treats the staff like crap. Dr. Wolfe would crap in his britches if he knew his business is going out the window. Paul Black, get your act together or get out of Gate City. They are real doctors out there that would love to move right in. Good Day !!

April 4th, 2013
Get fit
I took Dr.Blacks advise, got more exercise and gave up soda and wheat products. Lost 30 lbs and feel better than I have in years.

October 26th, 2012
poor prpfessional conduct
takes side in family fueds, unintrested i8n true facts, accuses family members without necessary investigation of rumors. rude and uncaring

December 8th, 2011
Doctor blames everything on the fact that your weight is not where it should be. If your head hurts it's because your overweight. If your big toe hurts it is caused by weight.

June 7th, 2017