Dr. Paul Peterson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

July 17th, 2016
He did my back surgery and I had instant relief.He is also a very good man that truly cares about his patients.

July 14th, 2016
Wonderful dr will always be great flu to him

November 12th, 2015
This Dr and his staff are rood and I hate that we where referred over to them

February 13th, 2015
Very good man, and doctor.

October 12th, 2011
Has no bed side manner at all. Talks to patients like they are trash, very disrespectful. Does not explain test results, options. Does not care about your pain. Doesn't spend 5 min. in the room with you.

July 19th, 2011
I have worked in numerous hospitals throughout the country and have found that neurologists, neurosurgeons and surgeons in general typically present themselves with less of a bedside manner as a whole. I believe that to be due to their concern for a very pressing issue, along with their abundance of advanced knowledge, rather than coddling the patients.I am currently seeing Dr Peterson for a workers compensation injury. While my injury has left me unable to function as I should at a young age, he is still vigorously testing me for any reason I would have the symptoms that I do. He may not be the best listener or express the most sympathy or empathy, however he is doing his job in trying to find the best course of treatment to make me feel better. As long as I am able to walk on my own again, I could care less about a bedside manner. I care more about having a doctor who knows how to do their job and how to find a solution to the problem. He seems to be on the right track to doing just that.

April 22nd, 2010
Wife had Spinal Repair Surgery
Dr. Peterson performed a complete spinal fusion and repair surgery on my wife. He was very professional, was straight-forward and truthful about the procedure. Staff and hospital was totally awesome as everyone was very curteous and friendly. If someone had a problem with Dr. Peterson, then it was a personal thing, because Dr. Peterson was nothing but professional with my wife and did an outstanding job.

March 3rd, 2010
surgery and follow up
Dr Peterson let me know all my options and risks, i was in a hurry to fix my problems and probably didn't listen to everything he said. He has given me several options now that another surgery is not an option. He has really cared about my future and helped me with new career options.

February 2nd, 2010
HAS 2 DISCIPLINARY FINDING
Horrible bed side manner, horrible follow up instructions; has 2 TN disciplinary actions in 2006 and 2007. Does not listen to my reports of how I feel, rather tells me how I feel. Uses X-rays as a measurement for success, rather than nerves- his speciality. He tells me my pain is in my head, though other testing and physicians show and confirm nerve damage. I had no nerve damage prior to surgery, only severe pain. Shop around before using him as a physician. Ask him about his disciplinary actions, etc.

January 15th, 2010
Friendly and took the time to explain things well

April 1st, 2009
Pompous
He was egotistic, dispassionate, and pompous. He did not answer my questions and dismissed my concerns. He said he did not bring his crystal ball to work, and only I controled the power to heal myself. I am now seeing a different surgeon with much better results.