> > Patient Reviews
Osteopath, Family Practitioner

71 Walnut Rd
Glen Cove, NY 11542
516-671-5017
Locations and availability (1)

|  A Healer  |  show details
by DonnaM on Aug 29th, 2014

When I was told by my Infectious Disease MD to go to an Endocrinologist for my thyroid problems; however, because I have other health concerns, not understood by most MD'S, I chose to go to Dr. Capobianco, D.O. due to what I read about his practice. One year later my thyroid is stable. Dr. Capobianco takes time at every visit, and most importantly he listens and does not make you feel inadequate or silly. He follows up with you by phone when needed. In my view Dr. Capobianco is a true healer!

by Allan Giesen on Feb 14th, 2014

Dr. Paul Capobianco is a compassionate individual and a caring and competent physician. He lives his life open to God's mysteries. I consider him to be more than a physician. In the old fashioned sense of the term, With God's grace he is a true healer. An Osteopath with a heart of gold and hands that are a conduit to the source of life. A doctor who follows spiritual guidance in the best interest of his patients. There is no one I would rather see.

|  A true Dr  |  show details
by Rob C on Dec 10th, 2013

He takes time to go over your past present and future medical status and truly takes interest in your well being.

|  Feeling much better within weeks of seeing Dr. Capobianco  |  show details
by Jennifer W. on Aug 19th, 2013

I have been diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes, Hypo-thyroidism and Alopecia since age 9. Over the years I have been treated by numerous doctors that have never showed any attention to my symptoms, and would solely look at the test results, dismissing my concerns. Growing up as a teenager my blood sugars were all over the place and my thyroid was causing much fatigue and depression. This past April I did my own research online after my synthroid medication was not working and I was up to .175 mg at 20 years old! My primary care physician dismissed armour right away and tried to scare me away from taking it. I was at my breaking point until I found Dr. Capobianco, I felt at ease in his office and I finally felt I had met a doctor who truly cares about seeing my health get better. He tested my thyroid antibodies which were over 1,000! After starting Armour, I felt better within weeks, my weight was coming off, my depression was subsiding, I no longer needed antidepressants, my blood sugars started to get better and my thyroid antibodies went down. I also had the ALCAT food sensitivity test and I feel that has helped my immune system as well. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Capobianco, he truly cares about your well-being and is more accommodating than any other doctor I have ever seen. He has a great bedside manner and I have never had to wait long at all and have never felt rushed either. His office is very relaxing and helpful. You do not need to go through life suffering, Dr. Capobianco can definitely help!

|  Dr. Capobianco cured me  |  show details
by Y. Milman on Mar 28th, 2013

Dr. Capobianco has saved my life. I drove a car that had fumes about 6 years ago over many months and have been utterly sick and have practically been disabled since. I visited several doctors and would let them know of this incidence since I was so certain my fatigue, muscle weakness, thirst, out of breath, hair loss, dexterity, agility, sleeping 13 hours a day had to do with this. I had diagnosed myself with heavy metal poisoning and had chelation therapy but it didn't help so much. When I came to his office just about over two months ago I had long been at my wits end and did not have any faith that any doctor could cure me. I was amazed at the breadth oh his knowledge in trying to figure out what could be wrong with me. I had never heard about the mthfr gene mutations and I was surprised that someone knew something that I did not, being that I spend enormous amounts of time online trying to figure out the root of my debilitating fatigue. He tested me and I came back with a common mutation that in the end helps with your body detoxifying itself by reving up your glutathione. I had long since lost any hope of recovery but a I did as my doctor said and went to buy folate by solgar. Upon taking it I felt so sick but at the same time better. This is because I was dumping the toxins too quickly, so even though the first week I did not dose it properly and had to just take 200mg daily so I would not feel the toxins all of my body I felt a major humongous difference, I could finally breathe and felt like that breath did me good not as if I was wheezing for air. Absolutely everyone of symptoms have improved and it is only week six I suspect I will be detoxing and building myself up for weeks to come. And I thank Dr. Capobianco with all my heart as I can see it in his eyes how much he cares. I am in awe of how much holistic doctors always keep up with research so that they can help patients when conventional doctors have failed. I would day what he did is on the cutting edge as most doctors don't even know about mthfr. I highly recommend him.

|  Whole health care  |  show details
Sep 12th, 2012

From first contact to leaving the office dr Paul is caring and efficient. There is no rush in the visit and dr Paul is very thorough. I am a 40yo male and had the flu. With one remedy dr Paul was able to break the fever and that evening I sweat it out and began to feel better. I also send me 3 children to dr Paul ages 7,5 and 13 months. The kids love him and Have no hesitation when they need to see him. I can't say enough positive things about dr Paul and his staff. If you're looking for a healthy approach to staying and getting well you owe it to yourself to visit dr Paul.

|  I was feeling better with in days  |  show details
Aug 9th, 2012

After treading water with my primary care physician and not feeling any better I made an appointment with Dr. Capobianco despite not being on my insurance because I was desperate and the testimonials from people with thyroid problems I had found on line gave me hope. After ordering blood work and seeing me for the first appointment he made a diagnosis my PC was unable or unwilling to make and put me on a new medication. WOW! I was feeling like my old self with in a day an a half. After 1 years of being depressed, sleeping 16hrs a day, and feeling 'off' in every way I was better. A few appointments later to get my long term dosage right and I really truly feel I am living my life again. Thank you Dr. Capobiano!

|  VAX-D Treatment  |  show details
Jun 19th, 2012

I recently started treatment using VAX-D therapy. After only the first session, there was significant reduction in the pain in my lower back. This has continued to improve with each subsequent session. This truly is a remarkable device and therapy.

|  No More Ovarian Cysts - And I'm Pain-Free! :)  |  show details
Mar 23rd, 2012

I have been truly blessed to be a patient of Dr. Capobianco's - he is amazing! He is very kind, thorough, knowledgeable, and generous with his time. Most importantly, he was able to bring me back to health when no one else could. My husband and I have happily made him our go-to person for everything health-related. For more than 15 years, I struggled with extremely painful ovarian cysts, endometriosis, migraines, and constant fatigue. I saw more doctors than I can count, tried many drugs, and had surgeries - but nothing helped. My conditions worsened. I had pretty much given up by the time I met Dr. Capobianco, though I kept an open mind - and I'm so glad I did! I've had amazing, tremendous improvement - I am without pain, I have energy, and I feel healthier. I have my life back, and I cannot thank Dr. Capobianco enough!

|  Thinks outside the box  |  show details
Mar 4th, 2012

Dr. Paul has been treating my entire family for years, his approach is so different from the traditional Drs. He takes plenty of time to listen to me and takes my concerns seriously. I have had low back pain for years due to a two car accidents and he has eliminated the pain from my life. As for my children, he always has an alternative method to treating their issues from ear aches, flu, asthma, allergies, injuries etc. He keeps us healthy and strong.

|  ~Ms. Denise Schmidt  |  show details
Feb 9th, 2012

~I have been seeing Dr. Capobianco for almost 2 years now. It was my lucky day when I found him. He is the most compassionate doctor I have ever had. He listens, and he takes a lot of time if needed with me. He follows up on emails immediately & is always researching more health information to help with "hard cases". He is very thorough in his exams, tests, and very knowledgeable in treatment plans. He has remarkable knowledge of how the body runs, and great knowledge of supplements and/or meds to help with healing. His office is calm & clean ... his staff is lovely & fast & accurate. I highly recommend seeing him, he gives 100% of himself, to help with the healing of his patients. He is a wonderful man, and a terrific & kind physician.

Jan 12th, 2012

My entire family sees "Dr. Paul" and he has been nothing less than wonderful. We never have to wait long to see him, we can get appointments with ease, and he always follows up. Dr. Paul is extremely caring, never makes us feel rushed, and is determined to help the patient. He always goes the extra mile and that is normal for him. Dr. Paul is a rare find as a doctor in today's society and we are lucky to have found him.

|  unbelievably caring  |  show details
Jan 6th, 2012

Having been a long time patient, I can honestly say that it would be next to impossible to replace Dr Paul. He is truly one of a kind. A visit to this doctor is unlike any you'll ever have. His office is both quiet and clean and his office staff both friendly and professional. Dr. Paul allows an unbelievable amount of time for each visit. He spends the time to listen so that he can truly understand your condition. One visit to him and you will feel as though you have gained a lifetime health advocate. His follow up is truly incredible. He often spends more time to follow up than he even does on your visit, if that is possible.

|  Professional, Caring and Effective Doctor  |  show details
Jan 4th, 2012

Dr. Capobianco has been helping my family for over 15 years. Through his treatments he has corrected or helped many conditions including these where conventional medicine indicated surgery was required: excetropia (lazy eye), sinus problems and back problems. Thankfully, this doctors non-invasive approach relieved these conditions and surgery was avoided. The good doctor has also been able to help stress related problems, acid reflux without meds, bone misalignment, headaches, lack of energy, depression and general good health. He gives the patient the time needed to find the root cause of a symptom and this requires patience of both doctor and patient and it is well worth the time invested. I strongly suggest trying Dr. Paul Capobianco's treatments because they have done wonders for me and my family. If only more Doctors would dedicate themselves to alternative approaches rather than what the powerful drug and medical profit driven industries are pushing, we'd all be better off.

Dec 26th, 2011

Dr paul is one of the most caring doctors I have ever met. He often calls to follow up and is always a fund of knowledge. His treatments are some of the best I have experienced - I always feel amazing afterward... And am always surprised by the how much he helps with whatever malady I show up with

|  Dr. Capobianco is EVERYTHING THAT A PHYSICIAN SHOULD BE ULD BEL  |  show details
Nov 8th, 2011

Firstly, let me state that I am neither a personal friend nor relative of Dr.Paul Capobianco, and I have no vested interest whatsoever in his success or failure as a physician. That being said, I feel, based upon my experience of 4 decades as a patient of many doctors who have been trained in Western Medicine as well as Oriental Medicine, that Dr. Capobianco offers his patients an extraordinary combination of skills which are rarely found in physicians today. My gastrointestinal issues began with a Salmonella infection, which I contracted 46 years ago in the West Indies, the residual symptoms of which led me to seek remedy from physicians at some of the most prestigious medical institutions in the country. When they failed to heal me, I explored alternative/complimentary medical interventions as well. As a result of my own personal experience and decades of research, I have concluded that Traditional Western Medicine, as practiced by most U.S. physicians, is most beneficial for acute conditions which may require surgical intervention, etc., but fails miserably in addressing the chronic conditions that persist in keeping so many people feeling ill for extended periods of time. Dr. Capobianco has been well trained in Western Medicine and is a member of a large family of physicians. In addition, he brings to his patients a strong background in homeopathy as well as traditional osteopathy.(Unfortunately, few osteopaths today are trained to do manipulation, a treatment modality that formerly distinguished the osteopath from the M.D.) Under Dr. Capobianco's care, his patients experience the potential benefit of many more treatment options than are available with most physicians today. I have found him to be very much of an "out-of-the-box" thinker, a physician who is on the "cutting edge" of current findings in medicine. While he has been trained in the use of pharmaceuticals, he consistently chooses to prescribe for his patients the most benign and least invasive treatments available prior to recommending treatments with potential side-effects. Extremely important to me, as a patient, is the fact that Dr.Capobianco understands human suffering, and he is as compassionate a physician as you could ever hope to find. It is clear however, that, in spite of his keen intelligence and the extraordinary skill that he brings to his work, Dr. Capobianco understands that there is more to healing than the involvement of even the most skilled of physicians. It is sad to think that he or anyone else could be criticized for having Faith in a Higher Power. All in all, if you are looking for a doctor who is everything that a doctor should be, I don't think you will be disappointed with Dr. Paul Capobianco.

|  Caring and dedicated!  |  show details
Oct 9th, 2011

Dr. Capobianco has been seeing my son since he was 5, he is now 14. When a child does not fit the school behavior criteria, they want them medicated. With too many side effects I chose to seek an alternative practitioner. We are blessed to have Dr. Capobianco in our lives. He is caring and dedicated, always looking into new ways/ideas of treatment, he is extremely knowledgable!! He takes his time to listen and treat, we are never rushed. His only interest is his patients health than in collecting payment. He has treated my son with homeopathic medicine, natural vitamins!! We are blessed to have him in our lives!!

|  Excellent and Caring Doctor  |  show details
Oct 7th, 2011

Dr. Capobianco is a knowledgeable and caring doctor who diagnosed and treated my son where others could not. In the fall of 2009, my 6 year old son contracted an intestinal virus that led to weeks of diarrhea and cramps. The end result of this illness was a severe intolerance to gluten and dairy. Prior to this illness, my son had no dietary restrictions. During 2009 and 2010, we had seen several doctors who could give us no insights as to why he was having such a reaction to certain foods. In the winter of 2011, we decided to see Dr. Paul Capobianco. With his testing and guidance, Dr. Capobianco actually found the cause for his food intolerances. He treated my son with natural products and in the summer of 2011, we started to add back all the foods that had been previously restricted from his diet. It is now October, 2011 and he is currently free to eat whatever he wants with no restrictions, including all gluten and dairy products. Thanks to Dr. Capobianco, our son does not have to go through life with such severe food restrictions. He is a wonderful doctor!

Sep 21st, 2011

Paul J Capobianco, DO Osteopath, Family Practitioner is the best in the world. We need more Osteopath, Family Practitioner in our society like Paul J. Capobianco.

Sep 9th, 2011

A wonderful doctor in every sense of the word. He should get five stars for each criterion. He has kept me going for years and my physical health as well as my mental health has been rewarded through his ministrations. A truly great person.

Jul 31st, 2011

I have had a wonderful experience with Dr. Capobianco. My daughter, only 18 months old at the time, had recurrent ear infections and was recommended to be getting tubes. Dr. C diagnosed the problem as yeast and with changes in her diet, cranio-sacral therapy, and letting her body, rather than anti-biotics, work out the infections, she no longer needs tubes! In fact, she is much healthier overall than we first started seeing him! Dr C is extremely patient and accessible. He answers emails almost immediately and told me I could call him anytime, day or night, when she had a fever. Rather than giving out medicine as a quick fix, he really got to the bottom of what was causing the problem. And, in regards to another reviewers negative comments about being money hungry, Dr. C never wanted to see if it wasn't necessary. He even said he'd like not to see us for a while!!! I can't tell say enough about how great he is. And, as an added bonus, his advice about keeping children healthy has even rubbed off on my older daughter. I will continue to use him for both of my girls!

Mar 12th, 2011

You will not find a more caring dedicated physician. Always thinking outside the box to heal hard cases.

|  exceptional physician  |  show details
Feb 16th, 2011

This doctor never ceases to amaze me with insights and findings that have helped me over the years, in many ways, well beyond what is attainable in a typical medical practice. His compassionate concern and continual learning to better his patients is a rarity.

Oct 30th, 2010

Dr Paul Capabianco has helped me in so many ways. He is a great doctor.

|  Excellent Integrative Medicine  |  show details
Oct 5th, 2010

Dr. Capobianco integrates the best of traditional Western medicine with cutting-edge natural and alternative therapies; this makes for a truly holistic approach. His willingness to think outside the box has been a Godsend for those who have been failed by the stubborn refusal of many to even consider anything other than conventional medicine. Dr. Capobianco is patient and compassionate with exceptional bedside manner; this is a refreshing contrast to the stale, numb attitude of many. He has always taken great time with me, and I have never felt rushed as is often the case in other offices. His wifes kind smile and professionalism make visits a joy. The empathetic, holistic approach of this office has brought relief of my condition where merely allopathic approaches have failed. I would recommend this practice unreservedly.Although it is hardly worthy of a response, I feel compelled to address the truly unbelievable comments left here on September 12, 2010, as they are so contrary to my experience. To couch it in medical vernacular, this individual presents all of the signs and symptoms of a biased, disgruntled patient. This prejudice is evident in this individuals apparent aversion to displays of faith, bitter attitude towards alternative labs and medicines, and vitriolic personal attacks on Dr. Capobianco and his wife.Firstly, if a persons displays of faith are offensive to you, simply do not choose to come to her or him. Dr. Capobianco operates a private practice; hes entitled to decorate in any manner he likes. Strangely, as I have sat in the waiting area, I have noted people of different faiths and some who claim to have no faith, happily interact with the doctor and each other. Differing beliefs need not lead to contemptuous comments or disrespect. Personally, I prefer a doctor who has faith; others feel the same or are indifferent. Still, the pejorative nature of your comments about displays of faith only underscores the prejudice that motivated your comment.Secondly, and I can only speak from personal experience, Genova Labs provided detailed information about the items I had tested. The fact that it is arranged in a simple and understandable manner is an asset not a detriment. I have had similar tests performed in the hospital and by other labs. The results were similar except they lacked description and commentary. Also, they did not screen for as many pathogens. Many would prefer a more comprehensive test with an actual explanation of the results in simple terms to a less comprehensive test with nothing more than the results data and no explanation or commentary, however simple or complex. One reason alternative labs are criticized is because they screen for things that have not yet been accepted by some as necessary or relevant. Interestingly, over the years, many of these formerly unnecessary screens find themselves into the necessary category of conventional medicine. It is simply a case of the establishment catching up with the breakthroughs in alternative diagnostic medicine. In any case, Genovas tests proved beneficial for me. The real issue here, as far as I can tell, has more to do with your irritation about the cost than an actual legitimate criticism. Your comments seem biased and motivated by dissatisfaction with the cost. Genova is covered by insurance.Finally, your mean-spirited personal attacks speak volumes about your objective evaluation of Dt. Capobianco. People often resort to personal attacks when they have nothing substantive to say. Again, I have found Dr. Capobianco and his wife to be very personable, approachable, and compassionatenot to mention exceedingly professional.In a nutshell, the comments of the individual criticizing the Capobiancos are littered with religious discrimination, resentment over the cost of tests, and personal invective aimed at slandering two wonderfully caring and professional individuals. All of these malicious motives thinly veiled under the guise of an objective review leave these biased comments truly unbelievable.--Nathan

|  A good review for an alternative therapy  |  show details
by pattyann685 on Apr 29th, 2010

I find Dr. Capobianco to be knowledgeable and patient.He takes plenty of time with youand never rushes your visit.He is very gentle when he is doing his cranial sacral therapy,and his osteopathic manipulations ,you might not think he is doing anything on the contrary you will see results. I find that since I have been going to him I am a much healthier person.I have Fibromylagia and it feels good not to be in pain,and to have my energy back and to be able to function better means a lotto me.He is worth going to.I feel this is one therapy that does work.