A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Paul Carpenter:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Paul Carpenter, MD, FACC is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Carpenter graduated from University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, Minneapolis.
Dr. Carpenter has 19 hospital affiliations:
- Avera Sacred Heart Hospital
- Avera Heart Hospital of South Dakota Llc
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Carpenter accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Medica Health Plans - 11 plans
- DAKOTACARE - 1 plan
- Humana - 9 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Iowa Medicaid - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Paul L. Carpenter practice?
Dr. Paul Carpenter practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Cardiology near Sioux Falls, SD.
Additional practice locations include: Estherville, IA and Milbank, SD.
See Sioux Falls Internists and Sioux Falls Cardiologists.