Otolaryngologists, Surgical Specialist
University Hospital
619 19th St S
Birmingham, AL 35249
205-934-6600
Locations and availability (5)

|  show details
Mar 31st, 2012

Doctor is wonderful, exceptionally caring , very easy to comunicate with & I would & have recommended him to others.

|  Office staff is terrible!  |  show details
Feb 6th, 2012

I was rushed to this doctor because he was the only one able to do the surgery I needed. I was rushed into a surgery. That was over a month ago and I still haven't gotten my biopsy results. When I was scheduled for surgery I told them I had to get my FMLA papers done ASAP for work and they never did them and almost got me fired. I had to get my father to call them finally because I was so stressed and upset over the whole paperwork situation. Bottom line. His staff will NOT call you back about anything and cannot be trusted to do even the smallest of tasks.After my surgery i saw this doctor 1 time while I was still half unconsious. I never saw him again and he never followed up with me at all. I had to speak to the intern to ask to go home 4 days later.

|  A very good doctor  |  show details
Dec 1st, 2011

I have visited Dr. Castellanos on several occasions. He was very courteous and knew exactly what my problem was. Each visit was a very pleasant one from him and his staff. I would recommend him to anyone.

|  good doctor  |  show details
Jun 27th, 2011

he is an excelent dc

|  show details
Jul 24th, 2010

Every patient should be fortunate enough to have a doctor like Dr. Castellanos.

|  He is a whackjob  |  show details
Apr 20th, 2010

This guy could sell ice to eskimos, but he makes stuff up. I went to three ENTs after him who all told me he was crazy. He came up with some term, LERD, that doesnt even exist in the medical literature and everyone I know who sees him get the same diagnosis...bizarre

|  Great Doctor Very Caring  |  show details
by Cyndi Frost on Oct 12th, 2009

After having a terrible doctor in Florida butcher my neck and throat doing sleep apnea surgery, Dr. Castellanos came to the rescue!He treated me with respect answering all of my questions and addressing my concerns.He tried to treat the problem in the least invasive way possible first to avoid more surgeries. When this did not work he did finally have to do surgery on my neck. The experience was like night and day compared to the experience with the other Doctor. I felt at all times that Dr. Castellanos was a very caring professional who knew what he was doing.I feel that he saved my life and I am grateful to him for that.I would highly recommend him to anyone!