Surgical Specialist

24 Frank Lloyd Wright Dr
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
734-998-6022
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Oct 30th, 2013

he is well respected and has done considerable work on me not pleased with results at all, on one occasion, but chose to keep him as my surgeon because of previous successes. we will see.

Jul 2nd, 2013

Excellent

|  Flabbergasted and sad!  |  show details
Mar 23rd, 2013

Has a very good bed-side manner. Patient. Good surgeon. I have tried to communicate with him my dis-satisfaction, concerns, utter disbelief at results of a face-lift. My face was not pulled out and up, just up. I have a totally different shaped face, with many deep wrinkles showing, which hardly showed before. I used to be able to just put blush on my high cheekbones. NOW I have no cheekbones noticeable. I liked looking a bit younger than my years. NOW I look my age or older. All dis-satisfaction was dealt with: YOU are "age." YOU are "age." SO what????? I did not look it before!!!! Wrinkles are in the skin he said. YES, but they did not show as deeply as now because the skin naturally stretched outwards before. NOW it is scrunched a bit forward and minor wrinkles are amplified. All of this was denied. I know my face and my children know my face and they are all blown away at his denial. I tried two times and it was like talking to a wall. Also, the first time I visited him after my surgery, I had severe dark circles under both eyes and sagging skin, which I still have. He said they looked fine. The second time I saw him, he noticed one eye and said it was not like that before! IT WAS! There is more, he said it is not unusual to have a response such as mine, and I will never look like before. I just want to look like myself as I should be. I am really floored at him trying to make me out to be "not pleased with how I look due to my age!" And that I want to look like I did years ago. Oh, he is so wrong. I am not sure who to see or what to do - I know I am not going to remain like this!!!! He suggested a Cosmetic Dermatologist to laser my lines. WHY should I have that when I DID NOT need it before the surgery!??? NOT pleased at all.

|  AWESOME!!  |  show details
by So happy & absolutely thrilled on Feb 24th, 2013

Dr Paul Cederna is worth waiting every minute for and definately worth every penny!!! He was recommended to me by another physician who raved about his work. I could not be happier with my results!!! I desperately needed a mommy makeover from an absolutely horrible C-section scar and shelf. I also had a breast lift and I feel fantastic. I look like I did at 16. I cannot begin to explain my confidence improvement and how I feel. The recovery was painful the first couple of days but fairly easy after that and I was able to return to work within 7 days. Everyone keeps complimenting me but I truly don't think they know why as I look so natural. God bless Dr Cederna!!! SO HAPPY!!

Aug 22nd, 2012

Excellent doctor and surgeon!

|  Excellent Experience. Highly recommended!!!  |  show details
Feb 13th, 2012

Dr. Paul Cederna may well be the single most gifted plastic surgeon in southeastern Michigan; certainly he's among the top two or three. A few preliminary insights: he is VERY selective about who he accepts as patients, and will often turn individuals away if he feels he cannot help them or realistically meet their expectations. Also, his office doesn't generally do former patient referrals or projected digital imaging, or show before and after pictures of prior patients. For that reason, I myself went into surgery "flying blind" and taking only Cederna's credentials and a few meetings with him as my sources of good faith. But that faith paid off, and how! He performed my rhinoplasty and septoplasty; I'm now around three weeks post-op, the bandages are off, and although not all of the swelling has subsided yet and I still have small patches of scar tissue inside of the nose (both inevitables with this procedure), I can already tell that the results are beautiful. And it's already making such a difference in boosting my own sense of self-esteem and my ease in interacting with others. Cederna is a conservative doctor who prefers subtle physical alterations to dramatic ones. He went into my surgery with a very clear, practical and brilliant plan for what he wanted to do, and communicated it to me effortlessly in our pre-op appointments. Now, I couldn't be any happier, and I am THRILLED that I chose him to do it. As an added bonus: the staff that assisted with the operation, and the hospital staff at U of M as well, were some of the kindest, sweetest, most considerate and thoughtful medical personnel that I or my mother have ever met. Not a minute passed when we doubted that we were in superb hands. If given a second chance, I would choose the exact same path all over again!

Aug 7th, 2010

Dr. Cederna was a compassionate, commited, dedicated surgeon who always had my best interest in mind. My outcome was outstanding. I would strongly recommend him.

|  Doctor is great; his staff is terrible  |  show details
Mar 6th, 2010

I saw Dr. Cederna for a simple office-based cosmetic procedure. He was fine and did a good job with the procedure. His staff, however, was really awful--they had forgotten an amputee Iraq war veteran was there. The poor man had been waiting over an hour in the reception area. I told the staff and they told me it was "his problem" since his ambulance had brought him a little past his appointment time. In addition, my blood pressure was taken using a completely inaccurate methodology and thus came up 40 points higher than normal--I didn't realize the method was wrong until after the appointment when I contacted a nurse friend. Now I'm stuck with an inaccurate and bad blood pressure in my medical record. Great doctor; terrible, rude and incompetent staff.

Oct 22nd, 2008

Dr. Cederna has a VERY positive attitude/manner. Very professional. His bedside manner is very good. You will not mind going back!

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by V. J. for child on Jun 17th, 2008

Dr. Paul Cederna is a gifted Plastic Surgeon. My child's surgery was a complete success.