Dr. Paul Chao MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Las Vegas, NV

3.4

November 19th, 2015
Dr Chao is the best , I love him and his staff !!

April 27th, 2015
Been a patient of Dr Chao's for over 19yrs. He's the best & I'd recommend him to anyone!!

January 12th, 2015
Ruthless
This was one of the worst experience I have had with any doctor. When I first met this doctor, he appears nice and friendly but his assistance very cold hearted. The very first appointment , he only wanted to spend only about 25 minutes and he schedule me for surgery. I wanted to ask him more question and talk more about the surgery procedure. I also told him I needed more time to build my blood up before surgery because I do not want a blood transfusion . He ask me was I a Jehova witness. I told him I am not a Jehova witness. This doctor fail to answer questions about his procedure when ask. He rush me out of his office and schedule me for surgery within four days contrary to what I had needed. I was bleeding heavy already and did not have enough blood to do the surgery in the first place. I left his office feeling uneasy and confuse because he didn't explain what he was going to do. A family member had a heart attack the day before my surgery. I had to rush them to the hospital. I had to call the hospital and doctors office to reschedule my appointment and explain to them why I could not keep my schedule . I received a very cold and unprofessional phone call from Doctor Chao office telling me Dr. Chao cancel me as a patient. I call the office myself because I could not believe what I was hearing. His staff said that you are no longer his patient and to find another Doctor.

September 17th, 2014
Pre natal visits
I wouldn't recommend this office to any lady. On a contrary, I would to stay away! Bedside manners are the worst. First, they charge you for every office visit (which they shouldn't if it's a pre natal visit and he's your OBGYN) on top of that, the equipment they use at this clinic are outdated, which brings me to my worst experience ever: on my last visit with Dr. Chao, after performing an ultrasound, since I was 6 1/2 weeks pregnant, his medical opinion and final conclusion was that the fetus is not viable and that I should schedule an immediate appointment for an abortion, EVEN THOUGH MY HCG LEVELS DOUBLED! He claimed that there's no heart beat and the sack looks wrinkled. I was lucky enough to realize it doesn't make sense, and went to a seek second opinion, which proved I was right! The very next day, after his PROFESSIONAL OPINION, I went to a different OBGYN, who had a VERY UP TO DATE ultrasound machine, and my fetus had a heart beat and the sac was not wrinkly and everything was fine :) This Dr. And his associate, are writing notes which are not true in order to charge YOU AND THE HEALTH INSURANCE you use. It seems as they push for U/S and blood works as much as possible. This is just about the money at this clinic! Not only most reviews will show MISDIAGNOSIS, just like mine, but you're just a $$ sign for them! To think that some ladies trust their Dr. And would go and have an abortion of a good and viable pregnancy- the thought of this makes me sick. I'm thankful to GOD that opened my eyes! I'm 10 1/2 weeks along and everything is good! Please make sure you check reviews and ALWAYS ALWAYS seek second opinion when major decisions are on the table! Good luck :)

January 31st, 2014
Best Dr Ever
Dr Chao has been the best doctor I've ever seen his bedside manner is like none other. I AM SO grateful he found my moms breast cancer at the time he did. I thank god to have found this doctor he made this horrible diagnosis not so bad. He made sure that we knew there would be a light at the end of the tunnel. He referred us to the same Doctors his own wife had seen for her breast cancer. He even gave us his wife's phone number in case we had any questions since he seen that my mom was so worried. She's doing great now and i atm so thankful to have had this experience with Dr chao .Its rare to find a doctor that will actually call u back and not make u come in to answer a question. He delivered my twins , I have had a previous c section from my daughters delivery. (Not with Dr chao) I was terrified of having the c section again since I had such a bad experience with my previous Dr . He reassured me the whole way that everything would be fine. This was the best pregnancy I had ,I've never had anyone care si much about how I was doing or answer all my questions with such detail. Every thing happened just as he said my whole delivery went so smoothly the anesthesia was my biggest fear (SPINAL!) But even that was no biggie , since I tied my tubes I won't be having another baby but I Will for sure be Dr Chaos patient until his office closes.

November 21st, 2013
The most ruthless and cold hearted doctor I have ever met
I was schedule to have surgery with this doctor on a Monday. On Sunday morning a close relative I live with had a heart attack and I had to rush them to the hospital . I tried to reach dr. Choa office that Sunday morning to let him know that I am going to have to cancel my surgery with him on Monday at 2 pm because of a family emergency. I called his after hour receptionist several times and the phone kept ringing. There were no after hour staff on duty on the weekend to answer my phone call. I called Sunrise hospital to give them a 24 hour notice about canceling my surgery and was told that I have to have my doctor office contact the hospital Monday morning in order for them to cancel my surgery. On Monday morning I called Dr. Choa office to cancel surgery and to reschedule for another time . I explained the situation to his asst. The lady that answered phone at first seem ok with it and said that she will give message to dr. Choa and call me right back. An hour later , I called the hospital to make sure that they got the message. They assured me that the surgery was canceled and I can reschedule in the future with no problem. The lady from Dr. Choa office never returned my phone call. The next day I called Dr. Choa office to find out what was going on. His asst. gets on the phone and tell me that Dr. choa no longer want to see you any more because you cancel the surgery. I later called back to speak with someone else because I didn't believe this women. Another women answer the phone and said to me that Dr. Choa said to look for another doctor and he will be happy to send your medical records to another doctor. I ask the women what is going on and that I am coming up there to talk to the doctor myself. She said he cannot see you because he is no longer your doctor. He canceled you as a patient. Unbelievable! people.

May 22nd, 2011
dont waste your time like i did
despite all the horrible comments i read about this doctor,i still gave him a shot.(not a wise choice).He did not care about me at all and i could notice that the second he walked through the door,never smiling,very unpatient.If i dared to aske a question,he seemed bothered as if i would of asked him that like 10 times.this is my 1st child,of course im going to have questions.And God forbid him having to repeat himself,he would roll his eyes! C'mon! Im a paying customer I dont deserve to get treated like this! The only good thing about this experience is that his office staff is nice and very easy to get appointment.

May 10th, 2011
Horrible. Does not care about patients
Went to see him for my first pregnancy. My baby girl died in my womb a day after an ultrasound in his office, yet he wasn't able to tell me during the ultrasound that something was wrong or anything I/they could've done to prevent the tragedy. I had to be induced and labor a lifeless baby the next day. When I went back for my 6 weeks post delivery check-up, he asked "how's the baby doing???" Really? I broke in tears. If he did not remember that I lost the baby, he could have read my chart. Horrible bedside manner. Never went back to this doctor since. Stay away if you want someone who truly cares.

April 28th, 2011
Loyal Patient - K Burrows
Dr Chao has been my Dr since I was 15 (I'm 33 now). He knew me before I became sexually active. He has been my only OB/GYN. He has been one of the most caring Dr's I've ever had. He helped diagnose my endometriosis and treat it when nobody else could figure out what was wrong with me. He helped me get pregnant when I couldn't do it on my own. I had a high risk first pregnancy and he was by my side every step of the way and ensured my daughter came out healthy and perfect. He kept in constant contact with me throughout the pregnancy to ensure that my daughter was ok. I am now pregnant with my 2nd child which he helped me to be able to conceive and everything is going great. How many people who live in a big city can say they have had the same Dr for 18 years and that he has been responsible for both my pregnancies? His staff is always kind and greets me by name. He keeps up on the latest technology and medical practices. I even drive way out of my way to keep him my Dr because of how comfortable I am with him. He treats my husband with respect and he always explains everything to me. I will be his patient until the day he retires.

October 1st, 2010
A very mean OB doctor, I had a vaginal bleeding during my pap smear test!!!I have never had that with any other doctors!!!!And when my husband asked him why i was bleeding, he simply said oh 70-80% of people bleed during this!!!!Wow, how caring!

March 19th, 2010
The worst in town
I went to see Dr. Paul Chao when I had my first baby. I chose him because he could speak Chinese, which is my first language. I thought I can communicate with him better than with the other doctors. However, for most of the time, it seemed he did not want to answer my questions at all. Even when he answered, he just gave me very simple answer, like yes or no. He was always in a hurry and has not spend enough time with me. He became annoyed when I had more than one question to ask. He seemed he just care about the money he made, not care about the patients. Also, the staff working in his clinic lack of care and passion. Then I swithed to another doctor finally. Even though he could not speak Chinese, he was very patient and explained everything to me in details. The most important thing is, he cared about the patients. The staff in his clinic were nice, too. They always put a smile on their faces.

October 4th, 2009
This physician is a complete zero in terms of patient care and communication. I went in for an annual exam. He entered the room, did a VERY cursory exam, answered my two questions in a very curt, sarcastic manner, and left. He then billed my insurance (and me) for services not performed. Repeated calls to his office with questions regarding the billing and my medical status did not turn out any better! I was the only patient in the office the day of my visit. Now I know why!