Oncologists
Video profile
4746 Barranca Pkwy
Irvine, CA 92604
949-653-2959
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

|  show details
Nov 22nd, 2013

LAZY STAFF! Dr. Coluzzi and Dr. Tetif share a practice. They are specialists who see patients with blood diseases and cancer. I can't really speak for them personally, but their staff is completely inept. I tried for a week to reach the new patient coordinator, Kelsey, so I could make an appointment to see Dr. Tetif after receiving some unfortunate news about my health from my doctor. Kelsey's phone goes straight to voicemail and her voicemail says she returns all of her calls within the same business day. I left her 4 messages throughout the week (one of them was with the answering service after hours), and when she still refused to call me back, my doctor's office called and spoke to her directly. She promised my doctor's office that she would call me that day. Of course she didn't! She finally called me back 2 days after that (one week after my first call), and there was no apology or excuse for the delay. Furthermore, she told me the next available appointment was over a week away (we could have had a conversation in person if she had scheduled my appointment the day I called). THEN when she found out I wasn't suffering from CANCER, she told me that I would have to see Dr. Coluzzi instead of Dr. Tetif because Dr. Tetif only sees cancer patients! So let me get this straight, all week while she wasn't returning my call, she thought I had just been diagnosed with CANCER? Does she have this little regard for all of the patients? I wonder. I arrived at my appointment "AS SCHEDULED". Mind you, it was early in the morning, so I had to pay for daycare for my 2 children and then drive 1/2 hour from my home to their office. When I arrived, Kelsey told me I was 2 hours early! She even double checked her system before informing me coldly that it was my error and definitely not hers. I told her she could cancel my appointment because I wouldn't be returning at 11:00. I proceeded to tell her that I was not only angry because of this scheduling error, but because she refused to return my initial call for a week. She just stared at me without expression until I finally walked out. When I got home, my husband and I saw that Dr. Coluzzi had some great online reviews. My husband was concerned and said he wasn't going to let Kelsey stand in the way of my health, so he called their office, specifically during lunch hour so Kelsey wouldn't answer, and he spoke to someone named Nicole. Nicole said that this issue should be escalated to the office manager, Claudia, who was not available but would call me right back. Now I have been waiting for 3 more days for Claudia to return my call.... It's been several weeks since I received my diagnosis. I LITERALLY GIVE UP!

|  The best oncologist  |  show details
Aug 5th, 2012

I was diagnosed with stage 3 non-small cell lung cancer in July 2004. The fact that I can write this review in 2012 would eloquently say something about his knowledge, experience, professional ethics, and medical skills. I was coughing badly before the first chemo in 8/2008. He said that the coughing would stop after 3 chemo sessions. With his correct prescription, my coughing reduced dramatically after the first chemo session and stopped totally after the second chemo session. In 12/2012, the Pet/CT showed that the tumor size reduced 50%. In April 2005, he prescribed Tarceva for me. By the end of 2005, the tumor no longer showed up in the PET scan.Not only that, in the subsequent follow up tests, he correctly judged some "spots" in CT images/reports as the instrument noises and ignored them. Sure enough, those "spots" did not show up in the subsequent images. This avoided some unnecessary panics and perhaps unnecessary treatments. I highly recommend Dr Coluzzi to anyone who needs a good oncologist.

|  Has my complete trust  |  show details
by John S. on Jan 19th, 2009

rated at the top by other physicians in his field. Is a great communicator. simply the best