Dr. Paul Cook Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Paul Cook?

April 14th, 2016

I couldn't speak more highly about a physician and his staff than I do of Dr. Cook and the entire staff at Ob-Gyn Centre. I could not see myself being cared for by anyone else. First thing my husband checks for is to make sure that Dr. Cook is in network with whatever insurance plan we may participate with. If he isn't in network we make another choice in insurance provider/coverage.

September 21st, 2015

Worst experience - Dissapointed!

I was recommended by someone to go see Dr. Cook for my first pregnancy. I am so disappointed that I chose Dr. Cook for my first pregnancy. I really regret my decision especially after what happened during delivery. The very second visit after I found out I was pregnant, they already had the bill for the WHOLE pregnancy visits ready for me to pay. I had to pay upfront half of the entire cost and then a month later the other half. For the entire 9 months, I saw Dr. Cook maybe 5 times. He was always busy, overbooked or I had to wait sometimes 45 minutes to one hour in the room to see him for literally 5 MINUTES. He was always in a rush. The last visits I was always seeing different doctors. Some nurses were very nice and kind to me but the women at the reception are just HORRIBLE. Worst customer service. The worst part of my experience with Dr. Cook and the OBGYN Center was right at the end. On week 38, I saw the doctor for maybe 5 minutes, he was brief, touched my belly and then few minutes later the nurse Mary Jane was already scheduling the day to have my delivery induced. I ended up delivering my baby on the due date without being induced but Dr. Cook NEVER SHOWED UP. I delivered my baby with the doctor on call at that time around 6:45AM – When I asked for Dr. Cook nurses said he usually starts his day at 7AM. He did not even see me right after I delivered my baby that morning. He showed up that day at 6PM!!!! All he said to me was that I had a good delivery and everything looked fine. I had a 3rd degree tear, which he never told me about. I found out about it 2 days after my delivery by the other doctor in his practice and mainly because I started noticing, something was not right. Communication was minimal; he was always in a rush since the DAY ONE up until my last visit, which was only 2 weeks after my delivery. After 9 months of pregnancy seeing Dr. Cook, he showed up almost 12 HOURS AFTER MY DELIVERY! Never told me a had a major tear and NEVER apologized for not being at the delivery of my baby. Insensible, careless and not personable at ALL. Unfortunately, the worst decision I made was to pick him as my doctor for my first pregnancy.

August 15th, 2015

Dr. Cook is an Awesome Ob Gyn. I have been seeing him and his wife (they are at the same practice) for over a year. They are on time and it's so easy to get an appointment. He listens to my concerns and is understanding and compassionate. He is also extremely experienced and professional. He is honest and doesn't beat around the bush. He is a straight shooter. I highly recommend this practice and Dr. Cook. Amazing doctor and for anyone who is hesitate to use a male doctor I would highly recommend him! If you are short on time, don't use the med Center office! I have used other doctors with offices at the med center and I believe you should deliver at a med center hospital but I recommend booking your appointments at a satellite office. All med center doctors' office are extremely busy (especially since they may be at the hospital during your appt. which is out of their control) and parking is expensive. USE THEIR SATELLITE OFFICE! They have a satellite office so you don't have to fight the med center traffic but also have all the benefits of a doctor who practices in the Houston Med Center. Great doctor and amazing practice group.

August 1st, 2013

Overbooked and careless

Waited atleast and hour for every appointment and when Dr.Cook did come in the room he checked his phone while speaking with me. There is no follow up to anything he does, even if you call the office several times with questions. He also missed something huge (which should have been easy to spot) health wise simply because he is too busy and his staff is careless.

May 23rd, 2011

Dr. Cook is a wonderful, knowledgeable doctor who has a very caring bedside manner. He is definitely one of the best in Houston!

February 8th, 2011

i love dr. cook and dr. melhiem

These two doctors are the only OB's I will ever go to. I have so many health problems and they are the only ones i would trust with my pregnancies. They are caring but at the same time they will tell you exactly how things are going to be. While they were not happy about me getting pregnant for a second time tey still took the time to take great care of me. I recommend these doctors to every pregnant woman you will be confortable and love them. THANK YALL AGAIN!!!

May 16th, 2009

The ABSOLUTE best!

April 24th, 2009

This doctor's extreme professionalism shows. I'm high risk and he made me feel right at ease. He has sucessfully delivered and seperated conjoined twins! One of the conference rooms displays several magazines he's featured in and lots of accomplishments yet he is so humble and down to Earth. I recommend this Dr. and practice. Dr. Nanda is terriffic as well! Great staff : )

September 21st, 2008

Incredible Medical Expertise

Not only an phenomenal bed side manner but knowledge that is clear and concise.It is a priviledge to have Dr. Paul Cook as my physician. He is a true blessing to so many!!

July 25th, 2017