Dr. Paul Crowe MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0
  • 9 reviews

December 30th, 2014
Back Pain
Went to Doctor Crowe multiple times for my back pain. After multiple visits, an MRI, and 2 shots, still no resolution on pain. His office never follows up after shots and I deal more with his receptionist than him. He is always very busy and rushed. If you want someone who shows compassion to your issue and tries to fix it, he is not the doctor for you.

September 24th, 2014
Totally the right person for knee surgery
I loved the fact that he explains things to me that I can understand He did my knee surgery and i was Completely thrilled with the results. He also did my husbands knee surgery after Twin Cities orthotopic MESSED up his first knee surgery. Great Surgeon!!!

July 23rd, 2014
BAD experience, treatment and surgical result
He was always in a hurry and I was always treated as if I was keeping him from more important matters. Spent several days in hospital yet saw him once for less than 5 min. Neither he nor assistant would explained the procedure; when deciding, before or after surgery. He evaded questions about it and lied about what was done, as if everything was a secret. Had zero relief after surgery, in fact pain and issues increased tenfold-yet told I was doing fine. Every answer to my questions of WHY -is there new and increased pain, why hasn't it subsided, why am I not healing and have increased disability, etc, was "I DON'T KNOW". Isn't this his specialty and he should know why? Wouldn't he want to find out why? No. Just told that I'm doing good, scans look fine and to wean off pain meds. No exam, no acknowledgement of ongoing disability and unbearable pain. Yet MRI showed obvious problems and pain severity was at 9 and didn't respond to their mild pain killers-which he and his assistant were reluctant to deal with. Just wrote me off once it was clear mine weren't good results. New Dr confirms serious problems exist and are the source of severe pain, which is finally being acknowledged and treated with the seriousness it deserves but was never given. Further surgery is required to fix what he considered "fine, nothing to worry about". No one would listen to me. It's "cookie cutter" medicine, they do things according to their plan and if your case falls outside those plans or exceeds them, too bad. You're on your own because they won't help. Deeply regret entire experience and would never have had him operate had I known what I do now. They keep you ignorant by lack of time with you, dismissing or deferring questions, disregarding issues, until the deed is done and there is no turning back. Spare yourself the misery.

January 19th, 2014
misery
If all had gone well, I would have a higher opinion of Dr. Crowe. Immediately (24 hours) I was released from back surgery. Went home. By 6:30 am the next morning I was on the floor of my bedroom, couldn't make it to the toilet. My husband called fire rescue and an ambulance. I was , by request not taken back to Unity Hospital, and Dr. Crowe said go to North Memorial. He was on his way out of town, his "buddies" would take care of me. They did. Took another MRI and discovered a blood clot in my back surgery incision. I was in a lot of pain, I hope never to repeat. The clot was removed by the neurosurgeons at North Memorial....fast. I stay in the hospital under observation by the neurologists; they were very attentive. Then released with pain pill, because I hurt. A follow-up MRI due to no relief of pain was done and I was told a piece of a disc had broken away from my spine and was floating around. Let's wait 3 weeks and see if the body will absorb this. I was in pain. About 3 weeks later, pain subsided and I haven't been back to the doctor. I'm not happy that every time I saw Dr.Crow, he said "you look great"...made me angry; didn't feel so great at all.

April 24th, 2013
Mis-Diagnosis from work injury
Went to him when injured at work. Supposedly he could see nothing wrong with my back or my leg from work injury on MRI. Person who did the scan on leg said the request was for ankle and that is what she scanned. After seeing him for follow up he said no injury seen to leg. Hard to tell what is injured in leg if scan was done on ankle. Also the MRI showed nothing wrong with back. He sent me to see a Ortho specialist, when he look at the MRI scan he told me that there was a rupture at the L5S1 disc. Wouldn't use him if you have a Work comp injury, seems to not be able to see any thing wrong if you get my drift.

June 30th, 2011
Lot's of wasted time in the waiting room
I yypically waited well over 30 minutes just to get into the room for my early to mid morning appointments. Once I was in the room there was another 15 minutes worth of waiting.The typical amount of time he spent with me was under 7 minutes.The end reslut of my troubles was surgery... after which I popped a stitch when I was at home. The number he gave me to call for situations like this was incorrect. After I wrestled the correct number from his staff he failed to return my voicemail.

March 30th, 2011
a hard working sincere professional
This is a Doctor who cares, he will stick by you through any red tape the insurance companies create. He has been around the block and will do his best. He knows about insurance fraud and knows when it doesn't apply. He is highly skilled. He doesn't spend allot of time talking, so ask questions and trust his judgment. I highly recommend him.

February 8th, 2011
Dr. Crowe is great fixed my back. He did great work, and I can walk.

April 28th, 2010
This doctor is horrible!
I would not recommend him to anyone.I went in with horrible pain... pain in my legs and hips that has been progressively getting worse for the past 15 years, and then acute pain in my shoulder that had recently started a few months prior to this appt.He did x-rays and MRIs and said nothing was wrong, didn't tell me what was causing my pain or anything. Basically took my money and shooed me out the door.I ended up going to multiple doctors over the next few months... neurologist, infectious disease doc (possible lyme disease), etc. finally a rheumatologist diagnosed me with shoulder bursitis, impingement and rotator cuff tendinitis. Something Dr. Crowe should have been able to do (saving me lots of money). Also, I went to a podiatrist and he said that my arches fall when I walk, and that any doctor should have been able to diagnose this (especially an ortho!!) -- and after months on custom orthotics my leg/hip pain that has been plaguing me for YEARS is gone.Both of these things are something that he should have been able to diagnose. He is a waste of money. I suspect that since he couldn't assess anything that needed surgery, that he wasn't going to pay enough attention to diagnose me right. I wasn't a lot of money to him.Anyway, not only was he a waste of money (for me especially since I am on a high deductible health plan), he doesn't really have a good patient demeanor. He is not friendly. Maybe it was an off day for him, but this is my experience, and I would not ever recommend him to anyone.I was able to be seen right away... and the interesting thing is just yesterday when I was calling around to see another ortho (shoulder bursitis is still not improved), they told me that if an ortho is any good, appointments are weeks out. If you can get in right away that tells you something about them. Hmmm. If I only knew then what I know now...