Dr. Paul Curtis MD Patient Reviews

• Dermatology Wilbraham, MA

3.8

December 29th, 2016
excellent physician
Dr. Curtis is kind, professional, and a sharp clinician. I highly recommend him.

November 18th, 2016
Excellent experience, Dr. Curtis took the time to answer questions and provide additional information. The office staff were exceptional.

January 13th, 2016
My experience...
The office is nice looking, the front desk staff are rude and unprofessional. They seem to be really un happy and Dr. Curtis has little to no social skills.

September 6th, 2015
I went to see Dr. Curtis few years ego. I feel comfortable to see him again.He was caring and very professional

June 17th, 2015
Missed-Delayed Diagnosing Serious Disease, Scary!
Missed diagnosing a serious disease, at a much later date he diagnosed it correctly. He was fearful of touching me during exams (has anyone else experienced this?). I don't know how the delayed diagnosis will impact my health/life.

February 13th, 2015
Acne
Worst dermatologist I've encountered, he will not prescribe Accutane no matter how severe your acne is, but will continue to take your co-pays and string you along using topical creams and ointments, (that did more harm than good). very disappointed and upset with how much time and money was wasted visiting this office.

September 9th, 2013
Dr. Curtis is a highly recommended dermatologist. I and my family have been going to him for years. We have always found him and his staff to be courteous and caring. Unfortunately, like with all doctors sometimes I have to wait longer than I would like but I understand that this is medicine it is not an exact science and the doctor needs to take his time with his patients. When he isn't sure of something he will tell you this and also tells you to call back and further investigation may be necessary and that is one of the best things about Dr. Curtis he is honest. I would highly recommend Dr. Curtis for your dermatological needs.

September 3rd, 2013
Dr Curtis is a knowledgeable doctor. He promptly and accurately diagnosed my condition. With the medication he prescribed, I havent had an issue since. Would definetly reccomend this dermatologist.

August 23rd, 2013
Awful Experience!
I had the worst experience here that I have ever had with any medical professional. My pediatrician made my 20 month old an app. with Dr. Paul Curtis because she had an unusual rash and spots covering her body, that they were not familiar with. The pediatrician thought it might a type of virus but wanted to find out what it was for sure. I arrived early for my appt. with Dr. Curtis, I was told to be there for 3:30 for my 3:45 appt. At 4:25, after 3 new people came in and were seen I asked when my appt. was and the rude receptionist said 4:15. I was there with my 2 children for an hour without her saying anything to me. When we did finally see Dr. Curtis, he looked at my 1 year old from a distance, never touched her or looked at her pealing palms and feet that I tried to show him. I gave him the history of what happened and said she has had a bad diaper rash for about 3 weeks now and now the spots all over her body. He said he thinks she has psoriasis and gave me a lotion to use everywhere. He told me to call in 10 days, b/c it wont heal right away. If it was fine he didn't need to see her again. The lotion irritated my daughters diaper area, so we went for a second opinion 4 days later. She looked thoroughly, touched my daughter asked all about the history and swabbed her diaper area. She told me to throw away the prescribed lotion from Dr. Curtis and we did in her office. She prescribed 2 different ointments which started working after the first application. Her office called me back with the results of of her swab test and she had staph infection! She was immediately put on an antibiotic which she never would have gotten from Dr. Curtis. The staph infection is very contagious as psoriasis is not. We called Dr. Curtis's office and spoke to Gale, the office manager and told the story asking for only our co-payment back since we had to pay it else where to get the right diagnosis for our 1 year old and both she and Dr. Curtis refused to give it back to us. She said his diagnosis was his opinion and we should have waited the 10 days to come back. Who knows what would have happened by then or who else would have gotten a staph infection. I would never go here again!

October 20th, 2010
I Highly Recommend Dr. Curtis
I found Dr. Curtis to be friendly and very professional. My exam was comprehensive, and I never felt that he was rushing. All of my questions were answered completely. The diagnosis was made and steps were taken to deal with my problem. If I need a dermatologist in the future I will go back to Dr. Curtis; my experience was outstanding!

May 12th, 2010
I tried Dr. Curtis because I wanted a new dermatologist for an independent review of my skin condition. He was decent but instead of removing a small skin damaged area right then and there [a 2-5 min procedure], he made me schedule another appointment [resulting in another $45 co-pay and more insurance money]. My prior dermatologist has always done this at the appointment when any bad areas were discovered.