Dr. Paul Meier MD Patient Reviews

3.4

• Good
  • Bad

February 16th, 2015
Doesn't seem to listen and he just wants you out of the office so he can get to the next in line. Medicine pusher and just throws meds at you without really listening to the actual problems.

January 6th, 2015
What did they mean?
My ratings are based on the fact that I wasn't "allowed" to come in to see them. I'm familiar with Dr Meier as a well known and good Christian Counselor but I never had a chance to find out. My own doctor went out of practice and I was in search of a new one. I called them. (They were nice enough) and they took some information and would give it to their board for review. They called me back the next day and told me that " After review they didn't feel like they would be a good fit". I'm not sure what that meant and I decided not to ask but to keep looking for another doctor. I'm sure there were good reasons and I don't want to bad mouth them, but I find it hard to accept a Christian clinic telling you " not a good fit", when I'm try to find help I need. It doesn't help that most every other doctor I've called is out of practice, not taking new patients or can't get me in before my last prescription will run out. Still wonder what "not a good fit" means. Guess I don't need to be going there then. Make your own opinion though.

October 16th, 2014
Very thankful!!
Dr. Meier is one of a kind! If you get to know him a while, like I did, you will think nothing but that he is incredible. I spent four weeks in his day program and saw him every morning, along with all of the other patients in the program. I had the opportunity to really get to see his personality. He has vast amounts of energy and insights. He is thorough about prescribing medications yet is quick to try and understand your, many times, very urgent needs. He is making some of the most important and pressing diagnoses anyone could. He is brilliant and sometimes his thoughts race and ideas about what he thinks is happening quickly are stated, yet he really listens and absolutely cares. He feels like this is God's mission for him and he takes it very seriously. Several times he called me back very late at night to see how I was when I pursued to contact him with an urgent situation! I have never had another doctor do that! Thank God for using Dr. Meier to save my life in an extremely urgent crisis that I don't know if I would have made it through. I suffer from severe mental illness that seemed to come out of nowhere. It haunts myself and other family members. Being bipolar is the hardest thing I have ever gone through. It takes many peoples' lives. I can't begin to describe how desperate I was to find a way out of the black abyss and have some hope. I firmly believe God led me to Dr. Meier. Believe me, he is an amazing man that, once again, helped save my life! I have no doubt about that and would recommend him to anyone! I hope you have the opportunity to get to know him like I did!

June 12th, 2013
Wonderful caring doctor
He takes the time to listen and willing to spend time to answer questions. Saved my life.

January 31st, 2013
top rate in every way. very caring. recommend heartily. we drove from 300 miles away. no disappointment whatever.

November 15th, 2012
One of the best and caring doctors I have met!!!
I am sorry to see the other two comments. You might not know or rightly judge Dr. Meier. His initial evaluations are 45 minutes. After he feels comfortable, he prescribes medication if you need it (which he told me he wanted me off of as many meds as possible-he did not just push them), and has 15 minute maintenance visits. He asked me to have a blood test done and a series of other tests before he completely diagnosed me. He, in fact, did not initially simply believe me at face value until he dug deep. He is one of the wisest doctors I have ever met and shows a great deal of love and respect if you allow him too. I know this man; he is one of the greatest there is. It is hard to get an appointment, because he is so good!!! If I ever had an emergency, he would do anything he could to see me immediately or have his incredible Physician's Assistant see me. His staff is the nicest staff I have ever come accross. You don't have to believe me or the two above. If you really get to know Dr. Meier and give him some time you will realize that he is brilliant and he has racing thoughts; he is not trying to ignore you or be prideful. If wait patiently for initial evaluation, while realizing he is probably one of the most highly valued doctors in the world (of his field),and realize he may be a little over-booked to help at time, you may understand he can be a bit stressed. For a man with his credintials and of great care and concern for such a tough variety of mental illnesses to treat, you should at least show him some patience. He treats mental illness, which is very, very serious and life-threatening. He is used to giving medicine to quickly help people that are deeply troubled and dangerous to themselves and/or others. Did you know it can take years of trial and error tests to treat bipolar depression and he treated me in a matter of months? He is not prideful. He knows his stuff! Remember, you, too are responsible for knowing some of your stuff, being honest with him, and telling him no if you know something is not right for you. He did that for me. He is amazing. Go see for yourself. I think you will find very few with a greater mind or heart than this man has. He deserves grace, nice words, and understanding from each of his clients, as we do from him. I have visited many doctors, and, wow, he got to the root of the problem. I thank God for you, Dr. Meier.

October 19th, 2012
Failed us a a provider
He is nothing but an arrogant medication pusher who refused to listen to the real problems going on with my spouse's bipolar disorder. Spending 15 minutes with a patient who does nothing but lie (significant symptom) about their condition and presents so well that no one sees the narcissism and abuse toward family members, is, in my opinion, failing the family and the patient. Do not visit this provider, even if he has written 100 books. We have payed dearly for his mistreatment and non-follow up.

November 5th, 2010
This doctor decides what your problem is before ever talking to you himself and he treats accordingly. He was way off on the diagnosis and his diagnosis didn't even make sense. I would never recommend him to anyone. My experience with him waswhile I was in the hospital and he was filling in while my doctor was out of town.

March 14th, 2017