Dr. Paul Moore Jr MD Patient Reviews

3.8

• Good
  • Bad

May 2nd, 2016
Dr. Moore- shouldnt be in pediatrics
I am very disappointed with Dr. Moore. Not only did he rush through our appointment each time we went, he, in my opinion, wasn't knowledgeable in the treatments for my 6 month olds minor conditions. For instance, my daughter had some congestion so he told us to put Vicks on her chest at night. So, we did and she had a terrible itchy rash all across her chest the next day, Why? Because this "Doctor" didn't even mention to use baby Vicks. I had no clue as a first time parent that baby Vicks was even a thing! Thanks doctor Moore. And because of my daughter's genetic make up (having one copy of MTHFR) she can't take certain medications, like, Tylenol or anything of the sort and he blanetly told me that was nonsense and tried to tell me he knew about the condition but totally contradicted himself on any treatments.. In my opinion Dr. Moore probably can be a good doctor but is a horrible pediatrician. I will not reccomend him to any new parents and like I said I was very disappointed in the way he treated our family. The other staff and nurses were great! Loved the building and location but poor choice in pediatrician.

September 27th, 2015
From my Secondary to my Primary
Dr. Moore was not originally my primary doctor. I had a very near death experience and he was the doctor on the hospital floor the day I was finally dismissed to go home. I found through that experience and the experiences to follow that he is really amazing - encouraging, funny, and thoughtful. When Dr. Moore announced his move to the Shawnee Mission health system it gave me pause and realizing I'd spent more time seeing him than my primary doctor, the fact he now knew first-hand my more recent (and more serious) history, that he's easy to converse with about any symptom I might normally deem very embarrassing...I figured it was time to promote him to my official primary doctor and I moved from the Olathe Health system to Shawnee Mission's health system because of him. I've been very pleased, I feel he cares about my well-being, and a huge plus for me is he has helped me talk through symptoms and laugh in some very difficult and scary times.

February 1st, 2017