Obstetrician & Gynecologist
2800 E Broad St
Ste 412
Mansfield, TX 76063
817-477-0200
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

• Currently 3.3448275862069 of 4 stars
  • Currently 3.2068965517241 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Great Doctor..  |  show details
by Heather M. on Jan 16th, 2014

Thank you Dr. Daum for taking your time with me and listening when I needed it the most. You helped me through a difficult time in my life and I really do appreciate that very much. I would recommend him to everyone.

|  Worst Experience of My Life!!!  |  show details
Oct 16th, 2013

I am 21 weeks pregnant, my appt was set for 2 weeks ago and they cancelled to reschedule. We were scheduled for 3:00, he didn't come in until 5, no apologies. He read through my chart as if it was the 1st time he'd ever met me, giving results as if they were new (though we discussed them at previous appts). He forgot about my placenta previa, spent no time assessing me and I had to remind him I'd like the sono to check the previa status. Upon entering the sono room, he sat down and immediately started saying terrible things to the father of my child (who has come to every appt). It got so bad that the father got up, said he would not be spoken to that way and went to the waiting area. I was bawling my eyes out as he continued to bad mouth the father to me. I continued to cry, stated I was so bothered by what he did that I just wanted to get dressed and leave, if it was not for the fear of the previa, I would have. He examined me alone (crying the entire time) without staff present. The staff watched me crying as I went to the desk asking for a booklet of info with other Drs, stating I would not be coming back. Nobody asked why I was crying or offered any assistance. They refused to refund the money we were asked to pay up front for delivery fees, even though he WILL NOT be delivering our baby. Dr Daum stated he would not take a penny from us, though they want to charge the ins company and take whatever they feel they are owed before refunding the remainder. Horrible experience, I am a nurse and have never been so disgusted with any patient care situation.

|  Simply The Best  |  show details
by LuVera Ellison on Jul 23rd, 2013

Its been since 2004 when I visited Dr. Daum. This man saved my life. He has the greatest bed side manner I have ever seen. He was kind, patient and attentive. After all these years, I never forgot him nor his kindness he showed me through the most scariest day of my life. I just love this guy, he is the best!!!! I wish him much success.

|  Wonderful Dr.!  |  show details
Sep 12th, 2011

Wonderful Dr. I have reffered many people to Dr. Daum. He has an excellent bed side manor and very imformative. Delivered my son....I would not want another OB GYN but him!

|  don't recommend this doctor  |  show details
Aug 20th, 2011

This uncaring, unprofessional doctor told me all my problems were in "my head". I will never see him again nor advise anyone to see him.

|  Great Doc!  |  show details
Jun 28th, 2011

I had to pick a new OB because I changed companies and found out I was pregnant. I looked at pictures of all possible docs on insurance and thats how I picked!(I had to make sure they didnt look like a creeper) I seriously lucked out because I think I got the best doc in the system!! He is an awesome doctor and truly cares about his patients. He said he would deliver my baby even if he wasnt on call bc I think he sensed I was worried being my first. He did deliver my baby as he promised and it was an enjoyable day to remember-no complaints. He has over 25 years of experience-he knows what he is doing. His staff is sweet as well, I love his part time sono lady (I forgot her name). But he also did most of my sonos which is nice. I would highly recommend him if your looking for an OB. I will definitely go back for my next baby.

|  Poor Bedside Manner  |  show details
May 5th, 2011

Sadly, I was thrown off by Dr. Daum's sarcastic responses. Several times I had asked serious questions only to be met with sarcastic answers that only served to make me feel like an idiot for asking. Being that it was my first pregnancy, I had a lot of questions that, to me, were serious. Making a pregnant woman feel this way when her hormones are already out of whack only made matters worse. My husband also felt that some of Dr. Daum's responses to me were rude. My husband doesn't get upset easily but was upset by the doctor's bedside manners. There were a few times that I probably needed to call him because of certain pains but didn't feel comfortable calling because I was afraid my head might get bitten off once more. I will say that the office staff was very nice.

|  Best OB, hands down  |  show details
May 5th, 2011

I went to Dr. Daum with my 4th child and really wish he had delivered the other 3 as well. He was never in a rush to get out of the room and always answered any questions I had. I had a minor "repair" that needed to be done from a previous doctor's carelessness and he was happy to do it for me. He was awesome when he expected my daughter to be born by noon, after an induction, and she didn't come until after 7 that night. I didn't have to have some on call doctor. He was there to deliver her just like he promised. His staff was always friendly and his nurse (Ann I think) is the best nurse I've ever had. He also helped me through some postpartum issues. I'm currently pregnant with my last child and if it weren't for insurance issues, he would be delivering this baby as well. I really don't trust anyone the way I trust this doctor and his staff.ARandall

|  Great Dr!!  |  show details
Apr 12th, 2011

I love Dr. Daum! I have gone to him for a long time and he has delivered one baby girl and going to deliver my 2nd baby girl in about 8 weeks. I would recommend him to anyone and trust him with all that I have. I had a rough delivery and he was the kindest and sweetest Dr throughout my entire process. Not to mention, he has amazing staff! I overall LOVE his office!

|  Most Caring Dr. I've Met!  |  show details
Mar 17th, 2011

I usually freak at the thought of doctors visits...which usually shows up in my blood pressure readings once I get there. However, I have to say I've never felt as cared for and safe than with Dr. Daum! Whenever I've had bad readings at the office, he'll make sure that I don't leave until I get a good reading, and he'll even go through the trouble of doing it himself.He delivered my baby girl in 12/2009 and we couldn't have asked for a better experience. From prenatal care to postnatal care, and even through a stubborn preeclampsia (which took several months to clear), I can say that I felt my baby and I were cared for 100%. If I had any concerns, no matter how ridiculous, I could call and would be told to come in to get it checked out. His nurses and staff are equally compassionate.The waiting time at the office may be longer than I would wish for, but I consider it to be well worth it for the type of care that I receive.I've told my husband we're not moving anywhere until we are through having babies and Dr. Daum delivers every one of them! =)

|  Dr Daum The Best DR  |  show details
by Rasha . B on Feb 22nd, 2011

I have been visiting with Dr Daum for over a year , it may sound a short period to write a review!!! but believe me i went to him with a very serious issue and he was able to solve all the complications without even giving me the feeling that i was in a terrible situation !!!!!!!!!He gives his patients enough time to explain & dicusses every single detail.....he even thinks loudly and thats the best part. To me he is more like a caring DAD ;-)))despite all my complications he was so supportive and honest ........... Add to all that, his staff are awesome & friendly ..... To me he is ONE OF A KIND......

|  show details
Jan 5th, 2011

Dr. Daum is a wonderful doctor. He just delivered my second child and my experience with him was great. I felt very well taken care of by him. A couple of times I did have to wait longer than I would have liked but I never felt rushed by him and he always took the time to answer any questions I had. I have and will continue to recommend Dr. Daum to family and friends. He is a really great doctor.

|  show details
Jan 5th, 2011

I have been a patiant of Dr. Daum since 1992. He has delivered both of my kids. I now travel 5 hours once a year to still go to him. He is a great doctor & has a great bed side manner.

|  Trusted Doctor  |  show details
Dec 14th, 2010

Overall Dr Daum is a really good doctor. He really cares about his patients he is straight forward and honest with you. He cared for my baby during my preganacy and the delivery. I have referred him to many woman some who had difficult time getting pregnant and no complaints.

|  EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE  |  show details
Dec 6th, 2010

I have been a patient of Dr. Daum's for over 14yrs and I truly believe that you can not find a better quailified doctor. Even when I lived over three hours away I still kept him as my doctor. Dr. Daum has always kept my wish and best interest at heart. You can not find any other doctor who will work so hard to ensure that your wishes are meet. Even when I totally broke down on him because I was scared he stayed with me to reasure me that everything was going to be ok. For a breif moment I lost sight of the fact that I completely trusted him and he was going to do the best anyone could ever ask for. Can he be short with a patient, rarely. Over the last 14yrs I can only remember one time when I felt him be short but I must admit I was not being the best patient at that moment. Sometimes as a patient we may forget that even the best are human as well. You will not find a more compassionate and dedicated doctor who cares so much about his patients.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your loyalty and insight. Some days are very difficult for all of us. I apologize for the time that I was short with you. Dr. Daum

|  BEST OB/GYN IN DALLAS/FT.WORTH AREA  |  show details
Dec 6th, 2010

I have been to several OB/GYN's in the Dallas area trying to find someone who was progressive, compassionate, has a flawless reputation, and unmatched skills. I found this in Dr. Daum. He is hands down the best physician of ANY specialty that I have ever been to. He has taken care of two generations of my family, and his reputation is impeccable in the community. I would recommend Dr. Daum to anyone who wants a superb physician who has a wonderful, caring bedside manner and the leading edge skills for the very best of care.

Thank you. Dr. Daum

|  Great Doctor!  |  show details
Oct 17th, 2010

Dr. Daum was wonderful. Before coming to Dr. Daum I had a pregnancy loss and couldn't get my previous dr to see me. Dr. Daum's office got me in right away. When I became pregnant again, Dr Daum followed my pregnancy very closely to be sure everything went well. I felt confident in his abilities and knowledge and felt well cared for through out. Now I have a perfectly healthy, beautiful baby boy. I would recommend Dr. Daum to anyone.

Doctor's Response

Thank you, hope to deliver your next baby as well. Dr. Daum

|  Rude and heartless  |  show details
by Tamara Clark on Oct 16th, 2010

I had this doctor only because my doctor was not on that weekend at the hospital. My water broke and he took his precious time coming to check on me which was a hour and a half. He belittled rreproductive doctors bcuz he felt as though they should find a way for women to get pregnant with one baby when in vitro is done. He treated me badly because I was pregnant with twins. He stated that women who are pregnant with twins are like a constant tooth ache to him so that why when he has women in these situations he sends them to another doctor (maternity specialist). He was so determined to take my cerclage out which was the ONLY thing saving me from preterm labor of my babies. He told me that I couldnt change what was predestined to happened meaning that my babies would be preterm and die. I absolutely cant stand the sight of this doctor and if my doctor is ever away again and Daum is on call I will leave the hospital and re check in when my doctors return. Another thing I am tickled at those who say he is a great doctor....NOT!!! He is heartless. I guess everyone has different experiences with doctors. Well this was my own personal experience. He was mean to me because I wanted to do everything in my power to save my girls. Please pray to God first before going to him.

Doctor's Response

I am sorry for your grief and loss. My words were not meant to offend you. I hope that God blesses your next pregnancy with success. Dr. Daum

|  CIndy  |  show details
by Cindy Heiland on Aug 24th, 2010

I have gone to him for 25 years and now my daughter (whom he delivered) goes to him... Awesome

Thank you for your support Cindy. Hope all is well. Dr. Daum

|  Honest and Caring Doctor  |  show details
Aug 2nd, 2010

I have had multiple Ob/Gyns over the years as a woman with high-risk pregnancies and fertility needs. Dr. Daum has been one of my favorite; as thus, I drive VERY far for his services and have done so for years. He is kind, honest, and very thoughtful. He is human and never speaks "above" me but treats me for what I am - an intelligent woman there to see a doctor. I always dread the drive, but am always grateful I continue to do so in order to receive his kind treatment.

Thank you for your kind words. Dr. Daum

|  Overwhelmed Doc...Undertrained Staff  |  show details
May 21st, 2010

This doctor failed to do several important standard tests during my pregnancy. Then he misplaced an IUD on insertion. This was not my first IUD. His stabbing motion was excruciatingly painful, so I knew he had perforated my uterus. He didn't admit the IUD was in the wrong place when asked directly, so I went to another doctor for a second opinion and sure enough, it was in my ovary!!. Needless to say his error caused me pain. I needed laparoscopic and hysteroscopic surgery, and had to take unpaid time off work to recover. He didn't even call to see how I was doing!Run!

Doctor's Response

First let me say that I am very sorry there was a complication from your IUD insertion. I cannot respond to many of the things you say as they are part of your private medical record, and cannot be disclosed in a public forum. I can say several things in general. Sonography can show that the stem of an IUD is present in the uterine cavity, but it is more difficult to distinguish where the arms of the IUD are located. I can respond to your accusation that I did not call to check on you. Four phone calls over the next 48 hours were made to a number your husband gave me to contact you. That number was never answered, and the messages I left were never returned. It is routine that all IUD insertions have a followup visit to confirm proper placement of the IUD. I am confident that if I had been given that opportunity, either as a scheduled visit or as an emergency, that the nature of your problem would have been effectively dealt with. Once again I am sorry that you are unhappy with me, and that you had a complication from the IUD insertion. Sincerely, Dr. Daum

|  Dr. Daum is the BEST physician I have ever had!  |  show details
Oct 28th, 2009

I have had several ob/gyn's through the years, and Dr. Daum is the most compassionate, intelligent, eloquent physician I have ever had. He takes the time to answer all of your questions, and is very caring and understanding. Dr. Daum has the reputation in the community as being one of the BEST doctors in Dallas/FW area. I would highly recommend Dr. Daum as someone to take care of both you and your baby. My husband and my mother (who is difficult to impress) love him too! He is now part of our family I send all my neighbors and friends to Dr. Daum

Doctor's Response

Thank you, I will continue to try to deserve your high praises. Dr.Daum