A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Paul Detwiler:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Paul Detwiler, Neurological Surgery is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Paul Detwiler, MD is board certified in Neurological Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Essential Tremor
- Gamma Knife Surgery (Stereotactic Radiosurgery)
- Movement Disorders
- Neurosurgical Procedures
- Parkinson Disease
Education & Awards
Dr. Detwiler graduated from Yeshiva University, Bronx. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Detwiler has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Texas Spine and Joint Hospital - Tyler
- East Texas Medical Center-Tyler
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Detwiler accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 2 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 4 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 2 plans