Dr. Paul Detwiler MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 12th, 2016
I will call on Dr. Detwiler again should I need his services.

February 21st, 2016
Daughter's Stroke
We have Dr. Detwiler to thank for our daughter being alive today. She probably would have died if he had not performed surgery on her and guided her care and recovery.

September 9th, 2015
Beware
I saw great reviews so scheduled appt for a second opinion with Dr. Detwiler; he must have had a very bad day: He was very terse when speaking, put me down several times, then lied about my MRI: I work medical field and already knew what I had, just needed 2nd opinion, wanted him to do surgery. Will NEVER go to a hateful person who lies.

July 26th, 2015
We were very pleased with Dr. Detwiler.

July 16th, 2015
I really appreciate that my follow up and every appt was with the doctor and not a PA or nurse. He totally understood me as an athlete due to his own athleticism. He was very aware of my expectations And got me on the road to recovery quickly! Thank you and Ride On!

July 14th, 2015
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED -
Dr Detwiler did an amazing job repairing two ruptured discs in my lower back. Three weeks post op and I feel better than I have in five years. He is very knowledgeable and not one of these cut first and ask questions later surgeons. He will explore all options until surgery makes sense for his patient. His staff is knowledgeable, courteous and efficient!

May 28th, 2015
Two Level TLIF
Dr Detwiler did a two level fusion at L4/L5, L5/S1 six weeks ago. He was very honest and up front about how painful and hard the surgery would be. The first 2 weeks were very difficult, but every day gets better. The original pain from the degenerated discs has been gone since I woke up in recovery. Would highly recommend Dr. Detwiler and I will return to him if I ever have back problems again.

April 1st, 2015
Excellent Physician
Dr. Detwiler is an excellent communicator. He is thorough in explaining procedures and takes time explaining what to expect pre and post op concerning the surgery. He seems concerned about each patient and their well being. I highly recommend him for his dedication and expertise.

March 4th, 2015
Dr. Detwiler is an excellent , caring gentleman. His surgery skills were exceptional. I recommend him to anyone with spinal/neuro problems.

March 2nd, 2015
Fantastic Physician
Excellent physician and a great and personable individual

August 6th, 2014
I felt that Dr Detwiler was an extremely good surgeon. His knowledge and skills were outstanding. I would highly recommend him, and would go to him again if the need arises. His office staff, however, leaves room for improvement. My MRI was sent over to them, but they couldn't find it, I had trouble getting appointment and call-backs.

June 23rd, 2014
Patient, Honest and Hardworking
There are so many things I could say about Dr. Detwiler. He is patient. I was a very hard case and I know I tested his patience at times. But he was always cool, calm and collected and when I was freaked out he wasn't. I did my fare share of research and found him to be the best in the area. I will forever be thankful for him and his staff. Charlotte is an ANGEL! He listens like no other Doctor and when he comes to visit you he makes sure you understand what is going on. He is a blessing to me! If you choose him you will have made a wise choice.