Paul Donovan MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

January 16th, 2017
Rude and Unprofessional
Stay completely away from this doctor. He is downright rude and very unprofessional. I called him out on it and he didn't even have the balls to even say nothing to me but has his equally nasty secretary curse me out and then hang up the phone on me. Never again will I ever deal with this practice.

December 29th, 2016
I have been and Dr Donovan's care for five years. My mother's been in his care for two years. And I have sent patients to him myself. Incredible doctor

November 25th, 2016
retired teacher/professor
Dr Donovan is very knowledgeable, caring, and available when you need advice or a hospital visit, often at times I'm sure were very inconvenient to him.. He collaborates with other experts without problems. Some might find his personality quirky at times, but he can also be very charming ,witty, and interesting. And he does answer your questions. Dr Donovan is very smart and cares-features I want in a doctor. They don't have to be my best new bud. The tech and nursing staff were warm, friendly, competent .The office staff was helpful with appointments or with changes in schedules. .

August 11th, 2016
Dr. Donovan has been described by some as rude or worse. My experience with him is exactly the opposite. I love him! I think he is amazing. He is straightforward, helpful, and extremely good at his job. And to top it off, his staff is wonderful too. No one sees an oncologist for fun. Tragic, potentially terminal conditions cause us to need one. So what matters to me is how good is he or she at oncology. Dr. Donovan is the best. Next, I care about practical things like wait times and appointments. Again, Dr. Donovan is great. And finally, how well does my oncologist explain things to me. Dr. Donovan made sure my wife and I understood everything. He and his staff patiently answered questions. They are awesome! Lastly, is bedside manner. Here is where my opinion differs from some others. To me, he is personable and terrific. I love the guy. I can't say enough good about him.

December 22nd, 2015
Not out for the patient, just almighty dollar
I've had a few family members who over the years have become terminally ill. Unfortunately Donovan is the "hospital's" Doctor and usually sees the patient right away. He is very cold and does not show compassion when giving the diagnosis, hope or not. He told me in regard to my mother, "she's dying, get over it". Then another close family member went into the hospital and it was a matter of a week or two she had remaining. She went into a coma and THEN is when he decided to give her Chemo. She ballooned up like a hot air balloon, we were afraid to touch her. That was so not needed. We could have given her the dignity of passing away without that horrendous pain he put her and us through. Would never, ever, recommend this man and the hospital should really re-evaluate his services. He's just out for the money

April 13th, 2013
Excellent oncologist. Extremely dedicated to his patients and very thorough.

December 19th, 2011
Dr Donovan has been great with my husband and family. He may be rough around the edges with support staff and others, however they seem to respect his medical expertise. I am pleased with the quick accurate dx, treatment and honesty given to my husband.

May 13th, 2011
I have actually had nothing but a great experience with Dr. Donovan. He takes the time to make sure I understand everything that is going on. He has called me on weekends too. He might not have the best bedside manner that we all look for. But he is not RUDE!! I was looking for a Dr. that was going to give me the best treatment to cure me of Breast Cancer!! I know I made the right choice!!

March 21st, 2011
Unprofessional staff
can't get in touch, wait for hours on hold until you get to talk to someone, get bills while your health insurance is not even billed or contacted, can't get in touch with billing, to make sure they have accurate information, leave messages and nobody calls you back. I am writing this after trying to contact them for two weeks, calling them every day an leaving messages daily.

October 23rd, 2010
A doctor who should remember the oath he took to help all..
This doctor should not work with terminal cancer patients who look for that little bit of hope & here comes Dr. Paul Donovan crushes them like they are nothing but a dolar sign. He has no compassion or bedside manner & should go back to Ireland & be with his own people. This country looks at everyone as human beings not freaks.

October 23rd, 2010
Compassion
Where there is still life there still has to be some hope,to go to a patient and say there is no hope is horrible,to give death sentence ,when the patient was just left alone,to cry,after all the family had just left in in human! When a physian takes his oath he must be true to that oath .

April 26th, 2017