Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgeon
Providence St Vincent Hospital & Medical Center
9205 SW Barnes Rd
Portland, OR 97225
503-216-1234
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Best hip replacement outcome I could have wished  |  show details
by Fran N. on Jul 26th, 2013

Outpatient hip replacement! In by 7:30, out by 4:30 (at my choice). He is very experienced, spends a lot of time explaining options and the course of treatment, and has a great office set-up. Appointments started on time and his team is great to work with. He does detailed follow-up studies to keep up with what is working for patients. I highly recommend him.

|  Top Knotch!  |  show details
Apr 12th, 2012

Dr Duwelius is the best! He knows his stuff and is a great communicator. I hope he never leaves Oregon in cast I need another hip replacement!

|  show details
Oct 25th, 2011

I saw Dr. Duwelius for a consult on my knee. Upon arrival they told me he was on time. I had to wait an hour and a half to just get a room. His MA came in and I had a stack of my medical records which no one reviewed or ask any questions about. When he finally came in he seemed rushed and bothered that someone my age 43, would even consider a knee replacement. I had been to two other docs and both said that a tkr is the best solution for my pain and very serious arthritis. I went to him because I had heard he was good. Not!!! He is very old school and not cutting edge in the industy. If you are 80 years old and don't need to live life then he is the doctor for you. There are great doctors out there that actually listen to you. He told me that I had to live with excrutiating pain and to deal with it. He then got up and walked out. Unbelievable!!! The office was dirty, and you felt like a cattle call. I am just thankful I have a great doctor(Dr. Grewe). Thankful for second opinions.