Dr. Paul Dworak MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

June 9th, 2016
Dr. Dworak was knowledgable but he was rude and condecending.

November 27th, 2015
The best ortho MD in the world
Dr Dworak is the best top notch surgeon in the twin cities area. I have trusted him with my life. Both of my hip replacements and revisions have turned out with a 100 percent resolution and perfect healing. He does diagnosis correctly he has assisted me with a plan of care for theurapeutic regiment. I will continue to see him for my new knee problem. I am so relieved that I have him as my Orthopod. He has treated me with kindness, dignity and above all he did listen to me. His technigue is proficient and he makes me feel good and not worried about any outcome. He delivers with faithful dedication to achieving the ultimate 100 percent outcome of healing and making your life better. His demeanor is one of humility and respect. He is a man of few words and I thank God that he has taken care of me. He also gives the best cortisone injections and in the right spot.

December 23rd, 2014
Poor service poor "doctor"
I had a horrible experience with Dr. Dworack. His beside manner is POOR! He talked down to me during the whole exam, which, by the way felt rushed. He didn't listen to my symptoms and actually scolded me a couple of times. He told me to stop telling him I had burcitis of the knee (although he had just asked me what was wrong with my knee. His own colleague told me that I had bursitis. I explained to him I already had two cortisone shots in that knee and they didn't work. He raised his voice and asked if HE was the one who gave me the shots to which I replied, "No". And then he muttered something about well than it wasn't done right.... His comments are arrogant and pompous! Somehow we got on the topic of my Rottweiler that has had surgery on her torn ACL. All of a sudden he became interested and actually pleasant to talk to. It seemed like he wanted to completely avoid the knee problem that I was having. He became impatient and irritable and asked me if I wanted the cortisone short or not! I was hoping he would have explained the other options that I might have. I made a hasty decision to let him give me the cortisone. A year and a half later I still have the same pain. I went home frustrated and dejected. My family physician suggested that I may want an MRI. After getting one I indeed have bursitis. Also, a partial meniscal tear, petellar tendon enthesopathy, and chondromalacia. Thanks for nothing Dr.! You were a big help!

March 10th, 2014
Felt very rushed at my appointment. I will take my dollars elsewhere.

October 1st, 2013
Successful Procedure
Dr. Dworak replaced a hip for me about 4 years ago. It was a great success, quick rehab and has been pain free for the last 3 years. Dr. D is very particular about infection, making it part of his routine conversations with you and both his pre and post-op proceedure. His has a relatively brief personality and I witnessed a confrontation between him and a nurse where he scolded her for not being thorough enough in a pre-surgical evaluation. Personally, however, I could care less if he is very sociable or has a big ego - he does. But he's darn good at what he does and that is the only thing that I care about. I would return to him if I had to have it done again- without hesitation.

December 6th, 2011
As a patient you are just a number
I don't trust Dr Dworak at all. His bedside manners are terrible, he won't read your chart, and he doesn't listen to your complaints. He told me that he was sorry but he didn't give me the correct dose of pain meds so I lost 2 days of rehab. He will represent the device manufacturer as an expert witness in court, so I doubt he would tell you if there was a problem with a device. I told him my knee was worse then before and it will shift incorrectly almost causing me to fall, and he said to come back in a year. I told him the oxycodone was making me sick and he then prescribed percocet which contains oxycodone. So I went without his pain meds. Every visit he would ask me if I needed a refill of my pain meds because he doesn't listen to you I had other medical problems that I had to remind him of every visit because he didn't review my chart. I'm sorry I used a site like this to find a doctor. Now I need to find someone else to fix my knee.

March 29th, 2011
Dr. Dworak is upfront, clear in explaining, and presents all options. His risk management in assessing the need of the patient trumps everything else. He is highly competent and I will have him replace a second knee.

July 13th, 2010
Hip Replacement surgery 8+ years ago and that hip has never once given me a problem or have I had pain in it. I am scheduling hip replacement of my other hip this Fall and feel with confidence Dr. Dworak will preform another perfect surgery and I can be totally pain free in both hips.

July 9th, 2010
Tops in the Twin Cities for Knee/Hip Replacement
Dr. Paul Dworak did my knee replacements a year apart, 3-4 years ago. He is extremely particular about avoiding infections during and after surgery, and I had no problems. He's a very busy man, but does take time to answer questions. Nurses I talked to all agreed that he is tops in the field in Minnesota. Very experienced, and experience IS the best teacher.