Dermatologist (skin), Surgical Specialist
10011 S Centennial Pkwy
Ste 200
Sandy, UT 84070
801-255-7546
Locations and availability (2)

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Yahoo.
by Kathy on Jul 15th, 2013

I worried about going to Dr Harrison because of the poor reviews but needed to be seen that day. I found the doctor to be exceptionally knowledgable with a friendly staff. I was glad that I didn't let negative reviews scare me away. I am grateful for his help.

|  WORST DOCTOR EVER!  |  show details
by N/A on May 8th, 2013

I would most definitely NOT recommend this doctor! He is extremely arrogant, greedy, and only wants your money. He puts on a pretty good act in the beginning but I overheard him treat one of his staff members horribly in the hallway outside my room! He misdiagnosed me and it was clear that all he wanted was to get more $. His older front office manager was extremely rude with me, which I did not appreciate. I quickly changed to a different dermatologist and my skin problems were resolved IMMEDIATELY and I now go see him for all of my skincare needs. I would never ever recommend going to Trueskin dermatology. Terrible front office crew and "doctor." Save your time & money and see someone who actually cares about YOU.

|  AVOID AVOID AVOID  |  show details
Feb 20th, 2013

I would never recommend Paul Harrison to anyone. Very arrogant, loves to gossip, always 30 min to a hour behind schedule, mean to his staff, "know it all". His wife works with him PAT and man they were made for each other. She is always mad about something and he isn't kind to her. One of his staff members told me that there had been 33 people that had quit working for him in ONE YEAR and that people there catch on to his "act" and quit after a month. which would make sense because every time I went there he always had a new staff with maybe a 2 familiar faces. I have a had a friend and a family go see him and they had a horrible experience as well. He acts like he is such a good member of the church but he is the farthest thing from it. Some one in his ward told me he couldn't work in the Temple on fridays anymore because people "women" had complained about him but... he says he is to busy isn't that funny. There are so many reasons why you should NOT go see this Dr. AVOID him and his office he is a horrible dr and he is getting old so he does stuff really old school. do not go to this dr.

|  Best Dermatologist in the area!  |  show details
Jun 14th, 2012

I was referred to Dr. Harrison because of allergies. He is the only Dermatologist in the area that does this kind of test for contact dermatitis, so I expected to wait several weeks befor I could see him, but I got in within 3 days! Since these tests run over several days we had to start on a Monday, but the next Monday was a holiday, and I had to wait 1.5 weeks. Even when I had problems because the test fell off due to swatting Dr Harrison helped me right away. He even took time to look at skin problems I suffer from for years and was told by 2 other dermatologist "there is nothing we can do". His staff was great too. The girl who helped me 3 times out of 5 appointments works there for 4 weeks, so she said, and was very eager to learn more even though she was very knowlageable already. At one time she had to use a black light on my back and we talked about how it shows humanly fluids in the dark. To my surprise I wasn't able to show her an example though! She had cleaned the room we were in the night before! Dr Harrison is our family Dermatologist from now on. He is in my opinion the best in the valley!

Oct 25th, 2011

Dr. Harrison spent so much time with us I understood the long wait time! I'll take the wait as long as I can have more time with the doctor!!!

|  AVOID this dermatologist and his office staff!  |  show details
Aug 23rd, 2011

I had been a patient of Dr. Harrisons for years due to the proximity to my office and the ease of getting appointments. Not the 2-3 month wait others had for appointments. Looking back, I really shouldnt have used this as my selection criteria. In the few years I was being seen for adult acne, my treatment plan never changed, even though I ALWAYS had blemishes. I suppose I was nave as this was the only dermatologist Ive ever seen. I trusted him as the expert and thought though I wasnt blemish free, they were less than they had been, and this was the best it could get.It wasnt until I was dismissed from his office, forced to find a new dermatologist, that I discovered how incompetent Dr. Harrison really was, aside from being extremely arrogant with the worst bedside manner Ive ever experienced. Now on to the ridiculous reason for my dismissal. After being seen for a follow-up to a mole removal (I had to physically come in for biopsy results), I was told by the office girls I didnt have a co-pay. A month later I received a statement for $45 in the mail ($25 copay, $20 late fee). I called the office to dispute these charges and was given his office manager Sue. I explained the circumstances that surrounded my visit that day, and after some debate, she agreed to waive the fees. A half hour later I received a call from Sue telling me that she would still waive the late pay fee, but wouldnt be refunding my copay after all. Apparently, after reviewing my file, she saw that I had asked a question about a rash I had from some electrode pads I had worn for another reason. She said that it wasnt related to the biopsy results, therefore incurring my specialist copay. I explained that near the end of my 2 minute appointment (after waiting 30 plus minutes) Dr. Harrison asked if I had any additional questions, to which I answered yes, and that if I had know answering yes wouldve made me eligible for a $25 fee, I wouldve kept my mouth shut and seen my primary care physician as the co-pay was $10 less. I paid the $25 dollars. Soon thereafter I became pregnant and couldnt be treated until afterwards. About a year later I attempted to make appointments with a few other dermatologists, determined not to see Dr. Harrison again. However, I needed to be seen somewhat quickly and was being told by others it was a 2-3 month wait for a new patient visit. I decided to bite the bullet and call Dr. Harrisons office for an appointment. They said I could get 4 days from then. However, upon my giving my name, I was put on hold only for the office manager Sue to get on the line and explain that they would no longer be making appointments for me and I needed to find a new dermatologist. I asked if it was because of the issues her and I had over a year ago, to which she replied yes. Officially, I was told I was disrespectful to the office staff. I couldnt believe that because I questioned their billing practices, I was noted as being disrespectful.Long story short, I found a new dermatologist and am happy to report Ive been acne free since. His suspicions about the reason for my later in life onset of acne seem correct and the treatment is working like magic. In the end, this office did me a huge favor. I am beginning to think the reason for easy appointments is because hes not as busy as other dermatologists in the area. Please do yourself a huge favor and heed all the warnings posted here by myself and others and AVOID this office altogether. I wish I had.

May 22nd, 2011

No courtesy of others time. Extremely late to every appointment. Even late multiple times first appointment of the day.

|  Excellent doctor  |  show details
Feb 13th, 2011

I went to Dr Harrison since I was aware he was skilled in the MOHS procedure and I was needing it done on my forehead.Dr Harrison and his staff were extremely professional. Dr Harrison explained the MOHS procedure in great detail--beforehand and then again during the procedure he would explaining everything he was doing. Obviously I was concerned about scarring--I assumed I would have a big line of a scar. Dr. Harrison DREW OUT THE INCISION BEFORE THE PROCEDURE on paper and then on my forehead!! I was able to see how it would appear as a natural fold in my skin. AMAZING!! Due to his skill and his caring for this patient, I do not have a visible scar on my forehead. I have highly recommended him to friends.

|  Ignorant, Not-Professional  |  show details
Nov 19th, 2010

I made an appointment with Dr. Harrison regarding a cosmetic issue on my face. Upon my arrival at the office I filled out all the necessary paperwork. On one of the papers I wrote that I had lived in Mexico for about a year. After waiting for a little while I finally met for the first time Dr. Harrison who, while looking over my paperwork commenced the typical get-to-know-you questions most doctors do. He asked if I spoke Spanish whereupon I replied that I did. He then said that he noticed I lived in Mexico for a little while where he mentioned jokingly: "they speak a lot of Spanish in Mexico." I replied by saying they speak a lot of Spanish here too. His reply shocked me: "yeah, I guess they speak a lot of Spanish here if you go to McDonalds." I feel that comment was shallow, discriminatory, and extremely ignorant and from there my first impression of Dr. Harrison developed. He then looked at my mole and said that if I wanted to continue the consultation I would need to contact my insurance to see if they would cover it. I told him that I had contacted them before coming in and that they did indeed cover the procedure. He interrupted me and told me to contact them again, thanked me for coming in and left the room. The questions I had were not answered by the doctor. I respect his credentials however judging by his comments and manners he is ignorant and unprofessional. I do not plan on returning to his office because I try not to support individuals who discriminate and when I go in to a doctor's office I simply hope that he or she will take care of my concerns. I would suggest considering another dermatologist.

|  Very unprofessional  |  show details
Apr 22nd, 2010

This doctor and his staff were incredibly unprofessional. I was asked to arrive 20 minutes early to my 8am appt., but then made to wait outside a locked door because their office doesn't open until 8am. When the staff finally let me in, they offered no apology. Instead, I sat waiting until 8:30am, when a staff person finally told me that the doctor was sick and would not make it into the office. Clearly, at 8am, the staff knew that the doctor was not in, yet they kept a total of 5 patients waiting for a half hour before telling us. Worse, the doctor must have known that he was ill before 8am, yet either he didnt call or his staff, again, failed to inform the waiting patients. Either way, they showed an appalling lack of respect for their patients and an arrogant disregard for their patients' time.

|  Almost didn't go based on other reviews...........  |  show details
by Suzanne Watson on Mar 24th, 2010

I realize it may be hard to please everyone however, my overall experience with Dr. Harrison and his staff was excellent. They were professional, warm and caring. Dr. Harrison introduced himself, made excellent eye contact and explained his procedure every step of the way. His RN, Vicki was the best!! And, I was in with the DR before I could pickup a magazine. I will refer everyone I know to this outstanding doctor and staff.

|  my favorite doctor  |  show details
by satisfied patient on Jan 14th, 2010

Dr. Paul Harrison is the most conscientious, caring, knowledgeable, trained, skiller doctor I have ever been to. I have had 25 surgeries, so I have met many doctors in my life. He operated on my face to remove a growth; it healed quickly and left no scar at all. I was amazed at the wonderful job he did.

|  Excellent surgeon  |  show details
by Happy patient on Jan 14th, 2010

Dr. Harrison accurately diagnosed my skin condition after it was mis-diagnosed by two other dermatologists in the area. He is an excellent and extremely skilled surgeon in treating and repairing skin cancers. His staff was friendly and helpful to me, and in addition, Dr. Harrison called me at home to follow up with my care.

|  Find a new doctor  |  show details
Nov 17th, 2009

I've never been treated like this by a doctor in my life. The staff was sweet and getting an appointments was easy. I came to my appointment 15 minutes early, sat in the waiting room for over 45 minutes, the staff didn't let me know if dr. was running behind or what was happening that was causing the delay in being seen. Finally they got me back and i saw int he patient room for another 30 minutes! Then the Dr. finally rushed in the room asked me how i was, touched my face said few worked to the assistant and ran out of the room. He didn't answer any of my questions and the assistant didn't know the answers when I asked her. He didn't look at everything that I was scheduled to be seen for. Just a terrible Dr. The medication he prescribed isn't working it's making my skin worse and I've called the office 5 times in the last two weeks and still yet to hear back. I will never go to this office again! I wouldn't send my enemies there, it's awful!

|  malpractice  |  show details
Apr 9th, 2009

I am left with severe and permanent scarring over my entire back, due to burn scars caused by YAG laser treatment prescribed and performed by Dr. Harrison. He had also assured me that he had consulted with other dermatologists about this procedure. After the procedure I too consulted with these doctors who he had mentioned by name. My consultation with them was the first time they had ever heard of me.

by someone on Nov 26th, 2008 on yahoo.com

I thought he was a great doctor! He really cared about what I had to say, and tried to help me fight insurance to try to pay for my bill.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com