Dr. Paul Harrison MD Patient Reviews

2.8

May 18th, 2016
Dr. Harrison is a great doctor. I have been going to him for the past 2 years. He spends a good amount of time with his patients. He answers all of my questions. He has treated me for a few conditions and has always cleared up the problem. His staff is also very courteous. My husband goes to him to and is equally impressed.

April 18th, 2016
Doctor Paul Harrison is the best Doctor I have seen for my skin cancer, he has taken care of me for years and has always done a excellent job he and his staff is always professional and on time for all my appointments, I went to a well know Doctor in SLC who removed cancer on one side of my nose it is all caved in Doctor Harrison done the other side a few years later and you can't tell I had surgery on that side. I would not go to any other dermatologist for my skin care.

February 20th, 2016
I have seen Dr. Harrison for years for my skin cancers. He is very professional and thorough on his exams. He also helped my husband when he had skin cancer on his face. He is a skilled MOHS surgeon. I would highly recommend his services to anyone who needs a full service dermatologist.

September 29th, 2015
Either predatory or incompetent
I went in to have him look at a rash. Over a month and a few visits he gave zero diagnosis, except for prescribing increasingly expensive topical creams before I went to an instacare for a 2nd opinion. Immediately I was told it was a very common rash that would clear up on it's own and that creams were only helpful if it itched. Never had any itching. Didn't buy Harrison's $250 cream and the rash cleared up on its own. Concerns me that a dermatologist wouldn't be able to diagnose a common rash that a general practitioner recognized right away. I assume he knew it would clear up on its own but knew he could make some money off of me like a shady auto mechanic. Stay away!!

September 1st, 2015
Knowledgeable
Knowledge and ability I would rate as exceptional. This Doc is good and gave me more service than expected. Writing this now as I had to look up his number to make another appointment.

October 24th, 2014
Great Doctor
I went to Dr. Harrison for my yearly check for skin cancer. My red hair and fair skin makes this a necessity in my life. I found Dr. Harrison and his staff to be very friendly and personable. I needed two biopsies and Dr. Harrison was very skilled in taking them. He has great "bedside manners" and I would recommend him to my friends and family.

July 15th, 2013
I worried about going to Dr Harrison because of the poor reviews but needed to be seen that day. I found the doctor to be exceptionally knowledgable with a friendly staff. I was glad that I didn't let negative reviews scare me away. I am grateful for his help.

May 8th, 2013
WORST DOCTOR EVER!
I would most definitely NOT recommend this doctor! He is extremely arrogant, greedy, and only wants your money. He puts on a pretty good act in the beginning but I overheard him treat one of his staff members horribly in the hallway outside my room! He misdiagnosed me and it was clear that all he wanted was to get more $. His older front office manager was extremely rude with me, which I did not appreciate. I quickly changed to a different dermatologist and my skin problems were resolved IMMEDIATELY and I now go see him for all of my skincare needs. I would never ever recommend going to Trueskin dermatology. Terrible front office crew and "doctor." Save your time & money and see someone who actually cares about YOU.

February 20th, 2013
AVOID AVOID AVOID
I would never recommend Paul Harrison to anyone. Very arrogant, loves to gossip, always 30 min to a hour behind schedule, mean to his staff, "know it all". His wife works with him PAT and man they were made for each other. She is always mad about something and he isn't kind to her. One of his staff members told me that there had been 33 people that had quit working for him in ONE YEAR and that people there catch on to his "act" and quit after a month. which would make sense because every time I went there he always had a new staff with maybe a 2 familiar faces. I have a had a friend and a family go see him and they had a horrible experience as well. He acts like he is such a good member of the church but he is the farthest thing from it. Some one in his ward told me he couldn't work in the Temple on fridays anymore because people "women" had complained about him but... he says he is to busy isn't that funny. There are so many reasons why you should NOT go see this Dr. AVOID him and his office he is a horrible dr and he is getting old so he does stuff really old school. do not go to this dr.

June 14th, 2012
Best Dermatologist in the area!
I was referred to Dr. Harrison because of allergies. He is the only Dermatologist in the area that does this kind of test for contact dermatitis, so I expected to wait several weeks befor I could see him, but I got in within 3 days! Since these tests run over several days we had to start on a Monday, but the next Monday was a holiday, and I had to wait 1.5 weeks. Even when I had problems because the test fell off due to swatting Dr Harrison helped me right away. He even took time to look at skin problems I suffer from for years and was told by 2 other dermatologist "there is nothing we can do". His staff was great too. The girl who helped me 3 times out of 5 appointments works there for 4 weeks, so she said, and was very eager to learn more even though she was very knowlageable already. At one time she had to use a black light on my back and we talked about how it shows humanly fluids in the dark. To my surprise I wasn't able to show her an example though! She had cleaned the room we were in the night before! Dr Harrison is our family Dermatologist from now on. He is in my opinion the best in the valley!

October 25th, 2011
Dr. Harrison spent so much time with us I understood the long wait time! I'll take the wait as long as I can have more time with the doctor!!!

August 23rd, 2011
AVOID this dermatologist and his office staff!
I had been a patient of Dr. Harrisons for years due to the proximity to my office and the ease of getting appointments. Not the 2-3 month wait others had for appointments. Looking back, I really shouldnt have used this as my selection criteria. In the few years I was being seen for adult acne, my treatment plan never changed, even though I ALWAYS had blemishes. I suppose I was nave as this was the only dermatologist Ive ever seen. I trusted him as the expert and thought though I wasnt blemish free, they were less than they had been, and this was the best it could get.It wasnt until I was dismissed from his office, forced to find a new dermatologist, that I discovered how incompetent Dr. Harrison really was, aside from being extremely arrogant with the worst bedside manner Ive ever experienced. Now on to the ridiculous reason for my dismissal. After being seen for a follow-up to a mole removal (I had to physically come in for biopsy results), I was told by the office girls I didnt have a co-pay. A month later I received a statement for $45 in the mail ($25 copay, $20 late fee). I called the office to dispute these charges and was given his office manager Sue. I explained the circumstances that surrounded my visit that day, and after some debate, she agreed to waive the fees. A half hour later I received a call from Sue telling me that she would still waive the late pay fee, but wouldnt be refunding my copay after all. Apparently, after reviewing my file, she saw that I had asked a question about a rash I had from some electrode pads I had worn for another reason. She said that it wasnt related to the biopsy results, therefore incurring my specialist copay. I explained that near the end of my 2 minute appointment (after waiting 30 plus minutes) Dr. Harrison asked if I had any additional questions, to which I answered yes, and that if I had know answering yes wouldve made me eligible for a $25 fee, I wouldve kept my mouth shut and seen my primary care physician as the co-pay was $10 less. I paid the $25 dollars. Soon thereafter I became pregnant and couldnt be treated until afterwards. About a year later I attempted to make appointments with a few other dermatologists, determined not to see Dr. Harrison again. However, I needed to be seen somewhat quickly and was being told by others it was a 2-3 month wait for a new patient visit. I decided to bite the bullet and call Dr. Harrisons office for an appointment. They said I could get 4 days from then. However, upon my giving my name, I was put on hold only for the office manager Sue to get on the line and explain that they would no longer be making appointments for me and I needed to find a new dermatologist. I asked if it was because of the issues her and I had over a year ago, to which she replied yes. Officially, I was told I was disrespectful to the office staff. I couldnt believe that because I questioned their billing practices, I was noted as being disrespectful.Long story short, I found a new dermatologist and am happy to report Ive been acne free since. His suspicions about the reason for my later in life onset of acne seem correct and the treatment is working like magic. In the end, this office did me a huge favor. I am beginning to think the reason for easy appointments is because hes not as busy as other dermatologists in the area. Please do yourself a huge favor and heed all the warnings posted here by myself and others and AVOID this office altogether. I wish I had.