inactive

Paul M Epstein MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 24th, 2014
Greatest Respect
This Dr. saved my life, plain and simple. He is kind, caring and knowledgable. He is also an excellent therapist as well as a psychiatrist. Highly recommended.

October 15th, 2013
old school psychiatrist
Dr Epstein told me I needed a therapist and after a couple of visits with him, he did not want to hear what I had to say. He would say,"So what's going on? As soon as I tried to tell him, he say, " You need to talk to a therapist, and cut me write off. He additionally threatened me saying," I will drop you as a patient if you don't get one. Next time we met, I had composed a reply to the threat by saying," Don't ever threaten me again. I have been Bi-Polar for 32yrs and my co-payment would be $100.00 a month I cannot afford. I have never seen him smile, he is so up tight. In his day, medical schools probably did not emphasize good patient relations. Maybe I compare him too much to the Pdoc I had for 10yrs. Oh well, in my area it is difficult to find Pdocs that accept patients these days. I feel that Dr Epstein is burnt out after 32 years of practice. Even though he gives out meds predominately, he allows very little interaction and I feel he doesn't listen to me. For example, every time I need a new script for a refill, he doesn't give me the meds requested, He only gives me 2 scripts when I told him I am out of all 5. Then he writes the wrong milligram amount when I had been taking the drug for 3 refills. every time he writes my scripts I have to read them for his accuracy.

January 29th, 2013
Excellent Diagnostician and Caring Human Being
Dr. Epstein cared for our son who went through a brief psychosis. He was extremely caring and very supportive. He was the fabric that kept us together. He is highly recommended. Words alone cannot describe him and his excellent care.

February 22nd, 2011
The reason his appts run over time is becauise he never rushes his patients. He is caring yet professional. I have a lot of respect for him. He found the best meds for me and is diligent in follow up care.