Dr. Paul Ernest MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Battle Creek, MI

December 21st, 2015
Refused to hear my complaints. Was extremely rude and belittled me personally in the presence of many staff. Ran numerous diagnostic tests that had no relation to my complaints (and I assume charged Medicare for). While I am pleased to know the results of these tests and I understand the Dr. Is an excellent tectnition, I would find if inadvisable to seek help from him biased on my experience alone.

December 7th, 2015
Traveled 125 miles to have Dr, Ernest evaluate and operate on my eyes based upon his experience and reputation. Totally pleased !!!!!!!!!!

October 25th, 2015
My New Eyes
Dr. Ernest did my cataract surgery & repaired astigmatism. The outcome is spectacular. The office staff is very efficient and professional as is the staff at the Surgery Center. Dr. Ernest & staff educated me fully about cataracts, the surgery procedure, the risks & the prognosis. I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome of what was a scary proposition before consulting TLC. Dr. Ernest is a brilliant eye surgeon, a kind, dedicated man and has many outstanding accomplishments in the Opthalmology field during his career. Thank you Dr. Ernest & all the Staff. (My followup was done by my local eye Doctor).

October 2nd, 2015
Dr. Ernst removed cataracts from both eyes and corrected my astigmatism. I couldn't be more pleased with the results.

August 11th, 2014
Excellent Experience
Nearly eight years ago, Dr. Ernst came highly recommended by my optometrist when I developed cataracts. At the time my prescription was very strong and my lenses thick; it was discovered that my astigmatism made me eligible for the Restor lenses and I took that option with no pressure from Dr. Ernst. The surgery was painless, state-of-the-art, and effective. I no longer needed glasses at all and have not worn them since! Is Dr. Ernst a warm, fuzzy guy? No, he isn't; he's brusque and all-business, but he knows his work and that's what's important. Today, years later, I am still very glad to have made the decision to go with Dr. Ernst and the Restor lens.

March 20th, 2013
Restor lenses
I let Dr. E talk me into Restor lenses & have had problems with my eyes ever since, but he didn't want to hear that & suggested to someone else with the same problem, not to "bad mouth" him. I now am dealing with Blepharospasm & was just recently told my sensitivity to sunlight, & overcast days are caused by my lenses, not my disease. I tried telling this to the doctors several years ago, but no one wanted to listen - their pockets probably had already received the "payback" from RESTOR and they didn't care!!!!!

June 25th, 2012
The only Dr i would trust with my eyesHe is great

February 18th, 2012
Dr E did my surgery , i now dont wear glasses only to drive

August 21st, 2009
Dr. Ernest needs sensitivity training!!
I have not doubt Dr. Ernest is a great eyesurgeon but his sensitivity to his patients concerns ofter surgery is zero.I could of been saved a lot of apprehension and hours of research if he had only given my concern a name (negative dysphotopsia) and taken the time to tell me a little about the prognosis. Instead Dr. Ernest gave me and ultimatum "seek another opinion or drop it"