Dr. Paul Howard Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Paul Howard?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Paul Howard?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 28th, 2017

Incompetent

This doctor will not listen to your complaints. He is rude and mean spirited. I had been very sick with Ra my entire time at his practice. I left his practice and he was very disgruntled . I now have a good doctor and see how bad he really was. He goes only by bloodwork which does not tell the entire story. He is against disability even if you are disabled. He is also against pain management for a disease that is very disabling and painful. Find another doctor.

July 1st, 2015

No compassion

He has no compassion. The staff has an attitude and is unwilling to help. The dr belittles you and strips you of your dignity. Don't go here.

May 14th, 2015

my expereince thus far

I have been to Dr Howard 2x in person, with 2 follow up skype calls (I live outside Scottsdale) I have found him to be thorough and accurate,. My 1st appointment was over an hour, altho I admit it was 45 min with the P.A., then only 15 min with Dr Howard. Be that as it may, his diagnoses have been accurate and his follow up good. He is clearly a kind person and that, for me, is also important

April 18th, 2015

Dr. Howard is TERRIBLE

Dr. Howard is terrible; STAY AWAY. The pain is "not in my head."!

July 4th, 2014

A fantastic doctor. He is honest, caring and smart. You could never find a better doctor.

August 29th, 2013

Dr Paul Howard and his staff saved my daughters life....several times.

June 26th, 2013

Put cost of business on patients

Does not have a billing office or ANY agreements with insurance companies. Charges are within medicare allowable amounts, but puts the burden of filing on the patient. Is not part of any network, so is out of network (and out of pocket) for most patients. Always has a resident present so continuing patients have to repeat their medical history to each one at EVERY visit. Just recently implemented a credit card fee to include debit cards. Again, passing the cost of doing business to patients, or customers in his view. Just like an ARCO gas station. Are "air conditioning fees", "janitorial fees", or coin slots in the bathroom stalls next? Staff (all admin and medical) in a constant state of turnover - a sign of poor employee relations (low pay or high ego). The office is therefore run inefficiently and waits of over 1 hour are common. Of course checkout is fast when you demand cash on the spot. His medical care and knowledge is fine, but not worth the premium or hassle. Gets very defensive and short when any of the above financial issues are brought up.

April 10th, 2013

Downhill

Over the years my experience with this office has become worse with time. Can't get to see the Doctor. PA only. Will not take Blue Cross/Blue Shield. Does not share med records with my other Doctors. Staff is short and rude. Unhappy office.

June 21st, 2012

No good if you have any medical problems that are not usual

I found Dr. Howard inappropriate at times with his comments. Poor follow through when other doctors call him on my behalf during an emergency. He threw my chart to the floor when I suggested a diagnosis for which he could not find for me. If you have a really difficult autoimmune disease, stay away.

October 17th, 2011

Best

Dr. Paul Howard is the best doctor I have ever seen. He saved my life when all the other doctors that were treating me did not know what to do. That includes several Mayo Clinic doctors. If you are seriously ill and need help you could not do better then Dr. Howard. He is also a good man that is honest and caring and he gives his all to each and every patient.

July 15th, 2011

Knowledgable and helpful

Dr. Howard gives the best joint injections I have ever had...and I've had many over the years from a variety of physicians. He is caring and very helpful. His staff could be a little more customer service oriented and he could help himself, and his patients, by staying on schedule a little better. Overall an excellent rheumatologist, and the best I have found in valley.

May 31st, 2011

Great Doc but leaving him for one who takes my insurance

Dr. Howard is kind, caring, jovial and shows true interest in your issues. He even offers arthritis-focused yoga classes at his office. Unfortunately, he doesn't take insurance and the amount of insurance reimbursement I get is only about 50% of the typical $140 office visit.This will become a problem for me because I'm cutting back on my hours (for health reasons) and every penny counts. Also, the office is an hour drive from my work. I'm often so fatigued after work that it's dangerous for me to drive that far. So, sadly, I will be saying farewell to Dr. Howard and his wonderful staff.