Dr. Paul Fadden MD Patient Reviews

• Urology Minneapolis, MN

August 5th, 2013
time
I just wait for 35 minutes and the doctor never show up.

September 27th, 2012
Good communicator with sufficient detail and explanation of medical reports presented in a clear and concise manner

April 25th, 2011
vasectomy
Went to Dr. Fadden for a vasectomy. The initial consultation went very well. I had conducted my own research on the procedure in advance but Dr. Fadden took the time to re-explain the procedure, recovery, and risks.I left with a packet of information and was able to call in and schedule the procedure without issue.The day of the procedure was not quite so smooth. The location of the procedure was at Abbot Hospital in one of the Surgical Suites in the Heart Institute area. Problem is there are two locations on the hospital campus called the Heart Institute. I was expecting to receive a "pre-procedure" packet in the mail from Dr. Fadden's office (or even a reminder call) but did not. I later realized there was a map in the packet given to me at the initial consultation.Long story short, I was at the wrong end of the hospital complex, the hospital staff was totally confused and I got sent to the wrong place two different times before someone who knew what was going on was able to get me to the right place.I was just fortunate that my wife was there to go get the car so I did not have to walk all the way back across the hospital like I had just been riding a horse after my procedure.Recovery went just fine, but I followed the instructions and spent a lot of time with ice on on my crotch (buy yourself a refillable ice bag). I ended up with a bit of swelling when I wore jeans and did a whole bunch of walking and box lifting 5 days after the procedure.Lesson learned, don't underestimate the value of laying around.I was 85% recovered at 7 days and 100% at 14 days.Dr. Fadden did his part to in preforming the procedure properly, I failed to do my part in taking it easy and ended up with a bit of swelling and tenderness but nothing too bad.