Neurological Surgeons, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Northwest Oklahoma City
13825 Quail Pointe Dr
Oklahoma City, OK 73134
405-752-4592
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

• Currently 2.7619047619048 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by Kudzu.
 |  Parkinsons  |  show details
by Terry L. Sledge on Jan 21st, 2013

I have early onset PD (age 34). I had severe tremors and other problems. Dr Francel placed bi-lateral Deep Brain Stimulators, in year 2000. Have had no probems can get around well, have no tremors.

|  Pain free after 20 yrs of pain  |  show details
Mar 25th, 2012

Dr. Francel was recommended to me by a former back surgery patient of his who was 5 years pain free. Dr. Francel fused L3,4,5 using titanium and my own hip bone for fusion material. Immediately upon waking up I knew I was better for the first time in 19 years. That was Oct 2008 and I have been pain free since. Motorcycle, sail, run 5ks, kayak, anything I want. I wish I had the surgery 10 years earlier! Too bad lawsuits caused this surgeon to retire. Did you watch the videos? There is risk to any back/brain/neck surgery. Wow

Sep 14th, 2010

Dr. Francel saved my friend's life from a potentionally terminal adult neuroblastoma (T Deleplain). I would not hesitate to see him if the need arises.

|  So glad that Dr. Francel's license was revoked!  |  show details
by Walker Family on Aug 9th, 2010

My mother was an unfortunate patient of the former Dr. Francel. Prior to the surgery he was caring, attentive and had available time. After the surgery when my mother was on life support he was no where to be found. Francel told us the surgery would be easy. She would be in the hospital for a week and then would need some assistance for about a month. They cut the basil artery...she never was the same. Couldn't walk, triple vision, vomitted due to motion sickness, memory issues...he took her years to die after the famous Dr. Francel operated on her. She died Aug. 24, 2010...do you think he shed a tear? Thank God for the Oklahoma Medical Board for their wisdom to take him out of medicine.

|  still in pain  |  show details
by L. Waller on Aug 27th, 2009

I had pain in my lower back for years thinking my hip was out of place, i went to a pcp that had me do a mri, he sent me to Dr. Francel. He told me i had to have surgery immediately because my spinal cord could be severed. I had the surgery in 2006(lumbar infusion) and I am still in pain where the site ends and begins! I sleep on an ice pack every night. He told me i could do anything that I would be like brand new! I can't even stand on my feet longer than an hour with out my back screaming me! It makes me so sad. I trusted him and he failed me. He seemed wonderful at first before the surgery but after the surgery he didn't want to hear I was pain. (maybe he needs to realize he's not as good as he thinks he is, that he can make mistakes)

|  former surgery patiet  |  show details
by Katrina Hannah RN on Jul 26th, 2009

Dr Paul Francel performed a right temporalobectomy in 2002 that corrected a lifetime of seizure activity. I have been seizure free since my surgery and am on very limited medications. I owe so much to Dr Francel. I pray for him and his family at this time.

|  I'm sorry to read about Dr. Francel's troubles  |  show details
by David Gardner on Mar 24th, 2009

I think he is a wonderful Dr. - a fine human being - and a mature Christian.If there is anything I can do during this time, I would sure try.Reverend David GardnerGrandfield/Randlett United Methodist Churches

|  severe chronic pain sufferer  |  show details
Feb 22nd, 2009

He is the most wonderful man in the world. I wish there was more drs like him.

Feb 6th, 2009

Dr.Francel did my back surgery in 07 and I am in more pain now than I was before...

Jan 15th, 2009

My father died due to his negligence

|  Caringness of Doctor  |  show details
May 12th, 2008

Dr. Francel is so extremely nice and works well with his patients. He takes good care of you before and after surgery and explains the procedures well. He is a surgeon, so when you go into his office he is going to give you a surgical opinion. Expecting to h ave surgery when you see him is not a shock -his a surgeon

|  Pain free  |  show details
by John on May 9th, 2008

Dr Francel performed a 2 level lumbar fusion due to disc degeneration that was causing me pain for years. Since my surgery, i have been pain free.

|  Pain free at last  |  show details
by revelator on May 9th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Dr Francel performed a lumbar fusion (2 levels) over a year ago and i haven't been this free of pain in years

Read Full Review at kudzu.com