Dr. Paul Francis MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Scottsdale, AZ

3.9

May 21st, 2016
Great surgeon, Poor follow up
Dr. Francis did a great job for me, but my concerns for service were after surgery. Not sure if it was his staff or him. I could NEVER get a return phone call on my concerns when I was having pain again. I would speak to his receptionist/office manager and she would promise a call back but it never happened. My fear is that I still have issues in my neck but was never able to see or speak to the doctor again.

June 5th, 2014
Only Time Will Tell
The office staff were great, very kind and compassionate. Unfortunately, by the time I was in the Dr's patient room and going over my history for the 20th time in the last year I stared crying. My pain is wearing on me and sometimes I feel hopeless. When Dr. Francis came in the first thing he did was introduce himself and ask why I was crying. I explained. He looked at my MRI and said that I was losing water in my discs which is normal if you are over 15, and until I got over "my fear of life" surgical intervention would not help me. I've done quite a lot of work on my behavioral health issues and have been shuffled back and forth across the medical/behavioral health line for years. I will take his advice seriously as by many accounts he is brilliant and skilled, but for my specific case I found him dismissive and condescending. Also for the record, the actual medical condition I was seeing him for is bulging disc abuting on the S1 nerve root at L5 S1, and bulging at the L4 L5.

April 17th, 2013
What a GREAT man!!
Doctor Francis will not blow sunshine up your back-end. He explains everything to you and ensures you understand. He is a very kind, respectful, and brilliant man. I highly recommend him!!

November 9th, 2012
Alan F.
Not only an outstanding doctor but a wonderful caring human being. He is the best. His office staff is great. I am President of his fan club. I recommend Dr. Francis without hesitation.

February 23rd, 2011
Dr. Francis has operated on my twice. He is a "gem". His office staff is also wonderful. I have recommended him to several people without hesitation.

April 11th, 2010
Quack, Quack
Dr. Francis operated on my back in 1999. Instead of improving my condition, he made it worse. I walked into the hospital before the surgery, but I was carried out - paralyzed from the waist down - after the surgery. Like a fool, I kept thinking that I would get better any day until it was too late to sue this Doctor for malpractice. He ruined my life, and can not be held accountable for doing so.

January 28th, 2010
Dr. Francis did a wonderfull job on my multi-level laminectomy. He was great before, during, and after surgery. His office was helpful and professional. 18 months after surgery I am completely pain free for the first time in over six years. This guy is as good as it gets!

November 7th, 2009
Bedside manner
Dr. Francis went above and beyond to get my spinal issues corrected. He worked miracles with my insurer. He helped to expedite my appointments and surgeries. He is personable and gracious with his time. I highly recomend Dr. Paul Francis

October 27th, 2009
Don Koehler
Dr. Francis completed a very a difficult 4 disk fusion and laminectomy. He was very concerned and followed thru on all areas of concern. His bed side manner was great and answered all questions I presented. I highly recommend him to all who need back surgery.

March 31st, 2009
Excellent Doctor
I have had several surgeries in my lifetime. I considered Dr Francis to be top of the line in my diagnosis, surgery, and post op care (muli-level laminectomy).

July 28th, 2008
Poor bedside manner, rude, not reliable, not truthful
Even after calling the office numerouse times after discharge from the hospital i was refused and post op instructions. He is very arrogant, in my opinion narsistic. he cares for no one but himself in my opinion. i've never met a dr so rude and unprofessional.