Dr. Paul Frye MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 20th, 2015
Great psychiatrist
I’m surprised to see the negative reviews on here about Dr. Frye because he’s a good psychiatrist. I was an employee of a psychiatric clinic a few years ago and interacted with many psychiatrists which made me picky when choosing one for myself. The only thing I can think of is that some people may have mistaken his analytical approach for unfriendliness. He has always been very nice to me and has valued my opinion when it comes to treatment. He is very different from the first psychiatrist I saw who barely asked me any questions and would prescribe additional medications on what seemed like a whim that I wouldn’t even get filled(a month worth of sleeping pills when I had a week where I couldn’t sleep because my dog died, etc). I prefer Dr. Frye’s methodical approach because there aren’t physical tests for most psychiatric diagnoses so I’m relying on his analysis of me and my symptoms. He may not ask me about what I did over the weekend, but his genuine concern for my mental health vastly makes up for that.

January 6th, 2014
Dr. Frye
I posted this on another review site, but wanted to get this here to get the word out. I see a lot of negative reviews on him, but I have my experiences to be mainly positive (really -- I have anxiety over any type of doctor appointment). I've been a patient of Dr. Frye's for over four years and I've never really had a problem with him. He is always straight and down-to-business. I am there mainly for medication management, so my appointments are never long. He asks me how I'm doing and if I'm having any problems with my medication... I see a lot of people complain that he is not very personable, but I am fine with that -- I am there to see my doctor, not a social visit. It took some time to find the right medication for me, and that is not without some real mental breakdowns. It would be really frustrating, at times. If something didn't work out, then we would try a different medication. I must admit, it makes me feel like a medical guinea pig, but with psychiatric medication, it is tough to tell how it will affect the individual (YMMV). I've always found the staff to be really pleasant. Aside from a time when I had to wait over ten minutes, my wait time is usually around five minutes. The offices and waiting rooms are clean. It took me a long time to find a psych doc that I could stick with -- and I have been through many doctors. I will most likely stay with Dr. Frye as long as I can.

January 25th, 2013
I have been seeing Dr. Frye for the past three months and have had nothing but good experience's every visit. I recently got out of the Army, and Dr. Frye has been very understanding and helpful with all of my symptoms.

November 15th, 2012
Dr. seems to like to write rx's without regard to patient history. Feel like you are bothering him.

May 17th, 2012
I absolutely love having him as my doctor, I have had him for years now and haven't had any problems!

August 1st, 2011
Caring
I enjoy Dr. Frye because he seems to care. He doesn't seem to be a clock watcher and never interupts me to say my time is up, (Unless I talk too long).I never wait to see him, so I don't get to read his magazines. (That's a good thing).