Dr. Paul Gahlinger, MD
Geriatrician, General Practitioner, Occupational Medicine
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Superb physician  |  show details
Jul 14th, 2012

best doctor I ever encountered

|  THE CLINIC IS GONE and DR. GAHLINGER IS BACK!  |  show details
May 6th, 2012

The clinic is no longer in existence, and Dr. Gahlinger now sees patients personally. The clinic was at fault for all of the bad reviews on this page, and Dr. G was innocent in all of them. This man's credentials are so long it is astounding. He has a pilot's license, was once an Anthropologist, then earned degrees in Philosophy, and then became an Epidemiologist. That was followed by a surgical internship in Hawaii and another year of training in general family medicine. He then began to work around the worldfrom Alaska to Africa to Antarcticaultimately visiting over 120 countries. As Chief Medical Officer at Johnston Atoll (a military base in the mid-Pacific storing chemical weapons) he directed a hospital, a 9-bed emergency department, ambulance service, and a clinical laboratory for chemical weapons. Under his management, the facility was the first to achieve ISO 9000 and JCAHO certification. For this achievement, he was awarded a Medal for Distinguished Service by the U.S. Army, Defense Special Weapons. This man's intelligence is off the charts. He owns the equivalency of a library in is home, and has read each of the hundreds of books lining it's walls. This man is undeniably one of the best doctors in the state of Utah. This is the guy you're looking for if you want the best doctor possible.

|  One of the BEST!  |  show details
May 6th, 2012

I have many health concerns, and I have seen twenty doctors and many therapists to help me with my many ills. All of them have failed at treating me in my condition. All of them, except THIS one!Dr. Gahlinger has done what all the other doctors could not. He has instilled in me the drive and determination to break an addiction to pain medicine that I have suffered from for 7 years, due to the wanton prescribing of medicine to me when I was only 14. Never before have I met a doctor who practices the way that Dr. G does, and that is a GOOD thing!Dr. G thinks outside the box, and has approached my addiction with a different mindset than all the 20 doctors I have seen before. Because of this, he has saved my life and encouraged me to live a happier existence that I never thought possible. He has encouraged me and given me the advice I need to pursue my own career in medicine, and he now serves as the role-model for my own distant-future medical practice.Dr. G is one of the best doctors you could possibly hope to be seen by, no matter WHAT issues you might have.If you are looking for a doctor to help you, you have stumbled on just the right review and you need not look any further.

|  Paul M Gahlinger , MD (Non-Member)  |  show details
Aug 29th, 2011

Paul M Gahlinger , MD (Non-Member)Primary Specialty (Self Designated)(note): OCCUPATIONAL MEDICINELocation: West Jordan, UT 84088Office Phone: 801-484-5504The information contained in the AMA DoctorFinder report does NOT meet the primary source equivalency requirement as set forth in the credentialing standards of accreditation organizations such as the Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) or the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).American Board of Medical Specialties Certification: Copyright 2006 American Board of Medical Specialties. All rights reserved. Occupational Medicine

|  Great practice!  |  show details
May 26th, 2011

I have been to Dr. G's office several times, I have been treated by the PA's Stephanie and William. Getting an appointment was not hard. In other practices they sometimes have you send in your medical records then you wait for a phone call. I have always gotten an appt right away, even when calling with short notice. I am a recent veteran and have several pain causing injuries. Before coming to their office I could barely get out of bed, let alone care properly for my house hold. I like that I do not feel like I was going to be black listed or deemed a "drug-Seeker" by discussing pain medication and treatments. I know it is a serious issue, and there are reasons for concern on both sides of the Doctor/patient relationship. I felt more comfortable and cared for at this office then any other I've been to, and am grateful they are willing to prescribe medication in addition to other therapies, treatment and education they incorporate.

|  show details
Nov 3rd, 2010

I think this clinic is the best clinic in the Utah. They are willing to help you with anything you need. I think this clinic is doing a wonderful job for the community. They care what there patients think and is willing to help them at no extent. The staff and the doctors treat you like family and they take pride in what they do. Thanks for all your hard work.

|  show details
Nov 2nd, 2010

Dr. Gahlinger and staff is one of the best clinics I have ever been to. They are caring and really make a difference. They are willing to help and go the extra mile to help their patients. I would recommend this doctor and clinic to everyone I know.

|  Wonderful Dr and staff!!!!  |  show details
Nov 2nd, 2010

By far this is the most caring and involved Dr. that I have ever been to. He really takes his time and listens to my concerns. He is very knowledgable and compasionate. He also explains things in terms that I understand. His staff is WONDERFUL!!!! They are a very kind and fun bunch of people. I HIGHLY recommend this Dr. You wont be disappointed.

|  DRUG DEALER  |  show details
Oct 26th, 2010

Dr. Gahlinger rarley see paitients himself. He has his paitients see his PA William Swarts. Dr. Gahlinger started his clinic in SLC by prescribing narcotics to paitients (expecially ones who don't need them & seel them on the street). After 2 years of prescribing to the same paitients and taking in many others the DEA caught on to what he's doing so he's cutting off paitients instantly. Every doctor know that taking a paitient off high amounts of opiates instantly is extreemly dangerous. Gahlinger currently has multipul law suites against him for putting his paitients in danger. The best part about it is he's still prescribing to paitients that don't have cronic pain and that abusive and sell thier pills on the street!!! How does he still have a lisence? The only reason he's praised is because he worked as a Dr in a poor contry for a few years and wrote some books. Now he's just a common drug dealer.

|  Excellent physician and wonderful staff  |  show details
Jun 19th, 2010

This is the best clinic I've ever been too and Dr. Gahlinger is extraordinary. He was voted one of America's Best Physicians -- and I can see why. He spends a lot of time to truly figure out health complaints and has superb knowledge.