Dr. Paul Gehring MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 19th, 2016
Very unpleasant
This was the worst experience in a Dr's office I have ever had, very rude, uncaring, uncompassionate and flat out disgrace to the obgyn profession, please save yourself the heartache and do not see this Dr.

January 5th, 2015
Great doctor. Very nice and thorough with his examinations.

February 18th, 2013
He saved my life.
After a serious bleeding reaction to Coumadin, Dr. Gehring performed a hysterectomy that saved my life. He helped me secure an internist/admitting doctor, and he visited me daily in the hospital to check on my case before ultimately advising me to proceed with a hysterectomy 10 days later. He was attentive, compassionate, and caring. I wouldn't trust anyone else.

November 14th, 2011
Wonderful Experience
Dr. Gehring delivered our second child in 2009. He is an experience OB doctor with four children of his own. He always took time to answer any questions I had during my appt. and was very reassuring. He never got too excited and was very calm throughout the pregnancy.

March 22nd, 2011
Dr. Gehring was very professional and respectful during my office visit and exam. He listened well, and I appreciated his candor. He is also an excellent surgeon. I recommend both him and his wife, Dr. Gena Gray.

July 7th, 2010
Frustrated
Went to see him because I moved and needed a new doc. I had some previous problems (irregular then absent period for 10 months). Previous doc had tried me on birth control to regulate my cycle...they made me so sick I couldn't function and did not help with periods. Dr. Gehring ordered tests and seemed to want to get to the bottom of my problem...for once I thought someone might be able to help me! Well, tests were negative, so he put me on a different kind of birth control. Surprise surprise, these too made me sick and did not regulate my cycle. On follow-up I told him the pills weren't helping, and he said that if I'm not sexually active then to not worry about taking them! Uh..doc...you didn't prescribe them so that I wouldn't get pregnant...you gave them to me to regulate my period...shouldn't you be concerned by that fact that they make my symptoms worse and that I now haven't had a regular period in two years at the young age of 24?! Seriously!!!

June 14th, 2010
Very caring and attentive during my emergency hysterectomy and subsequent recovery. He is an excellent surgeon.

September 5th, 2009
Did not listen and did not follow instructions
I have a genetic mutation that puts me at high risk to get ovarian cancer. Another doctor referred me to Dr. Gehring for a total hysterectomy to reduce my risk of getting ovarian cancer. The referring doctor gave Dr. Gehring instructions on exactly how to order the pathology for my case. Dr. Gehring called me and assured me that he would do everything according to the referring doctor's protocol. Dr. Gehring did a good job on the physical part of my surgery, but he did not order my pathology correctly. Six weeks after my surgery, my referring doctor ordered additional pathology. I found that Dr. Gehring had an attitude and was a poor listener. He was more interested in getting out of the exam room quickly than in answering my questions. He might be okay for healthy, pregnant women, but I would not recommend him to someone who needs serious medical care for a life threatening condition.

October 23rd, 2008
He is wonderful. You don't feel anxious and he is very respectful.

September 10th, 2008
very personable and professional. highly recommended.

September 7th, 2008
Wonderful
love him. Very professional and nice.