A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Paul Gerst:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Gerst
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Gerst Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Paul Gerst, MD is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Colonic Diseases
- Galbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy)
- Gallbladder Diseases
- Gallstones (Cholelithiasis)
- Intestine Diseases (Ileal Diseases)
- Jejunal Diseases
- Lung Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Gerst graduated from Columbia University, New York. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Gerst has 4 hospital affiliations:
- New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
- Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center - Concourse Division
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Paul H Gerst MD is a male Surgeon and practices in Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Paul H. Gerst practice?
- Dr. Paul Gerst has 2 office locations.
Dr. Paul Gerst practices Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Tenafly, NJ.
Additional practice locations include: Bronx, NY.
See Tenafly Surgeons and Tenafly Cardiothoracic Surgeons.