inactive

K Gerstenberg DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 11th, 2016
At 68, and having seen physicians all over America, I can say without hesitation that I have never, EVER been to a doctor who spent time listening, explaining, discussing every item of concern. This was not just on the new patient visit, but at lab followup as well. Dr. G. strongly regards nutrition as an important component of taking care of ourselves, which I appreciate. But mostly, he listens and educates during discussions. When we retire, we'll move to our home, a four hour drive away. Sadly, we can't imagine finding another doctor like him there. What a treasure for his community. Best of the best.

July 29th, 2013
Excellent
Knowledgeable; friendly; decisive; compassionate. Staff is the same way. Very refreshing after having dealt with a string of bad doctors.

July 11th, 2013
He is wonderful!!
I have spent most of my adult life knowing that something was wrong..never really had a family doctor..and every now and then I would have tremors and high blood pressure..of course I end up in ER to hear...oh you are just having a panic attack...hear is your script ...with no answers...He spent so much time listening to me and ordered test that found that I was not crazy but had many issues..real and not in my head...I was always underweight..and most would laugh and say better than over..ugh!!...he took so much time and care and now I am healthier than ever in my life..prescribing what I needed and informing me of what I need to get over the counter. I am so thankful for him!!!

February 25th, 2013
Patient
Dr. Gerstenberg always listens to me and works with me even thought we don't always agree on everything. When we don't agree on some things he tries to work around it to help me find the answers I need to live the lifestyle I like to live in respect to medical treatments. He never treats me like he doesn't have time for me. When I leave his office I feel comfortable and blessed. I believe that Dr. Gerstenberg really cares about me and my health and I am very pleased that he is my doctor. He always has a smile on his face except when he has news that is not good but he is always freindly and I can always tell that he is glad to see me.

March 27th, 2012
Great Doctor
Dr. G is one of the most caring Doctors I have ever been to. He also has no problem sending you to a specialist if needed.

February 24th, 2011
He tells you what you really need to know

January 3rd, 2011
Not too sure about this dr. and his staff
Very caring dr. but not very confident in his decisions of care. Blew off my sister in law who ended up at mdandersen with cancer. Staff is constantly turning over which tells me something isn't right. Seems that dr. has gotten too many patients to be caring any more. Greed??

October 6th, 2010
This is a great, compassionate family doctor
I have been very happy with Dr. Gerstenberg. He is busy, but takes the time to listen to me and work with me to find the answers that I need. He is very kind and was able to diagnose my son's problems when other doctors blew me off and gave me no answers.

September 8th, 2010
beware thought about filing complaint with medical board
If your injury requires more than a bandaid go somewhere else otherwise they will drop u as a patient and will not refer u to the specialist u need

March 3rd, 2010
Improving Service
Dr Gerstenberg is a good doctor, but some patients don't always see him. Patients sometimes see his Nurse Practioner instead of him. Me and my daughter feel better and confident if I see the doctor and discuss any concerns or questions that I may have.