Dr. Paul Giger MD Patient Reviews

1.2

April 26th, 2016
Physician, Heal THYSELF
He needs to work on his own issues before treating others.

October 14th, 2015
You can't lock someone up who MUST eat because they were on Wellbutrin and Adderall for 30 days without FOOD that has NO SUGAR OR FAT in it or SUNLIGHT (YOU DO NOT GET VITAMIN D THROUGH WINDOWS). There needs to be mental health reform where they don't mistreat and lock up innocent people who are cut off from resources to TAKE CARE OF THEMSELVES. They got an innocent person. I was taking care of myself and now I'm full of five months of HOSPITAL PATIENT DRY FOOD. I WAS STARVED FROM FAT AND SUGAR AND HOMEMADE FOOD. I did not have the reserves after Wellbutrin and Adderall to be locked up with hospital food. THERE NEEDS TO BE FOOD AND SUNLIGHT in the hospital and they should not lock people up who have the resources to cook and take care of themselves. It's a food and vitamin D problem. I was indoors finishing school papers and needed sunlight when I wanted it. I was cut off from resources I had and was capable of attaining as a college graduate. My body is very physically ill now and angry after hospital food.

September 20th, 2015
Teeny, Tiny Brain
Dangerous doctor.

July 19th, 2015
He's Everything That is Wrong in Psychiatry/Medicine
Arrogant, presumptuous, paranoid, delusions of grandeur, God complex, paid ENORMOUS amounts of money to give you medicines you may not need. The further I am, the better off I am.

July 7th, 2015
misdiagonosis

March 6th, 2015
He's an Idiot
He screwed me in so many ways. Horrible.

October 24th, 2014
Wha a Jerk
Dr. Giger is SO arrogant. Does not listen at all. DO not recommend, not that anyone has a choice about seeing an inpatient psychiatrist. He neither knows medicine nor how to respect the people he is supposedly helping.

October 8th, 2014
Arrogant and Hurtful
Wish I'd never met him. Does not know what he is talking about.

July 25th, 2014
Rumor Has It
He needs to watch the Ted Talk "On Being Wrong." Dr. Giger started a horrible and completely untrue rumor about me which led to some traumatic experiences for many many years. Hard to forgive him when he has not even apologized or owned his huge mistake. I have contemplated moving and even offing myself numerous times over the lack of safety I experience in hospitals.

June 27th, 2014
Dr. Giger is very good at defending his self-image as an all-knowing person. He is not so good at validating and listening to patients.

April 15th, 2014
Nurse
Dr giger is a nurse. He talks like a nurse and has the attitude of a low class nurse. I'm not sure if it's because he's new to Oregon or just copies nurses.

November 25th, 2013
What I Have Learned From the IP Psych System
Hospitals are for people who want to live (Leeprick). Hospitals are for suicidal people (The rest). Psychiatrists are mind-readers (All of them) Psychiatrists know what I want, intend, and feel. Yet the day program at Providence insists that mind-reading is a cognitive disortion....? One's baseline is how you are immediately after OD'ing. Mistakes were made, but NEVER by them.. Apologies never happen. Stigma is the absolute worst within the IP MH system. No where in the world have I felt worse about myself then when in the hospital. Even when there are blatant lies in your chart, they will not be removed. You have to recover FROM being in the hospital. Bad things that happen TO psych patients are always the patient's fault. A suicidal patient is also homocidal and dangerous towards others. I'd rather be called crazy than any of a number of other things I have been called in the psych system. The term "healthcare" is a misnomer. Dr. Giger and so many others have blood on their hands whether they choose to admit it or not.