Family Physicians

155 S 5th St
Ste B
Coalinga, CA 93210
559-935-6600
Locations and availability (4)

Nov 15th, 2013

I've been a patient of Dr. Griffin's for about 15 years now. He is always very thorough and honest in his explanations of what's going on with my health. I have high cholesterol and he made sure I was aware of the long term effects that might have if I continued my current lifestyle. I feel very lucky to have a doctor that knows me as well as he does and really cares about my well being.

|  Great doctor!  |  show details
Sep 16th, 2013

Dr. Griffin is a great doctor. When I was pregnant I had a different doctor in the beginning and then switched to Griffin at about 20 weeks. I'm so happy I did so too. Griffin is a doctor that shows concern for his patients. When I had complications during delivery he made sure to explain what was going on and kept me very informed. Even came to my room after delivery to explain why my son was in nicu and how he was doing. Even now when I take my son in to be seen he asks how Im doing. So happy to have him as my dr and my sons dr. Well worth the wait. Rather wait a lil longer than for my son to be seen by another dr.

|  Horrible staff member (Office staff Dawn) working at his office on phelps road  |  show details
May 18th, 2013

I have always had no problems with West Hills Medical Group. I have always found the doctors and staff to be very kind and accommodating, until a recent experience with one individual (she works in lab and x-ray results). As a patient that is getting the run around at a different doctors office when you contact your primary doctors office to get lab/ procedure results faxed to a specialist one would and should expect your primary doctors office staff to be concerned, helpful and show empathy. This was not the case at ALL for me. This person verbally attacked me over the phone when I was asking a simple question and trying to explain the issues I was having with getting results faxed to west hills medical group from another office so that my specialist in Stanford could obtain the needed labs and reports to move fwd with diagnosis and treatment. I asked to speak with office manager immediately. Whoever I spoke to was trying to help and get to the bottom of things, but then tried to turn situation around on me. She was trying to cover for Dawn (not the PA, but lab/ X-ray results staff member by saying I was obviously not feeling well. I quickly told this woman that I did nothing to provoke such attitude from Dawn and to not put this verbal attack on me. Instead she should be apologizing for Dawns horrible attitude towards me. As a patient at their office my needs should be met with kindness, not with attitude. I asked about Dawn around town and everyone said the same thing. " that's her attitude 99 percent of the time. She is just like that" I brought it up to my doctor whom I love (Dr. Bik) at my next visit. I won't share what was said but basically I wanted her and Dr. Griffin to know about the situation. As a family of 6 plus many family members that are patients there, Dr. Griffins office could end up losing a lot of patients that attend quite often. Next time I have to deal with lab/X-ray results I will ask to talk to someone other than Dawn. Never in my life have I been treated so horribly by my doctors office staff, the people that are supposed to be there for me, the people that make money off of my office visits!! If it were not for Dr. Bik, I would never go back and neither would all of my family members! With that said west hills medical group staff w/ exception of Dawn are wonderful people. Very nice..... Especially the front desk girls. They are ALWAYS very sweet when I call, and ALWAYS try to get me or my family an appointment that is convenient for us. All of the Doctors are wonderful and try their best to get to the bottom of things. I will continue servicing West Hills Medical Group as long as I don't have to deal with Dawn and her horrible people skills and attitude.

Aug 25th, 2012

Best doctor in town and very professional. Truly cares about his patients and makes time to discuss my concerns during my visits. Sometimes the wait can be a bit long, but that's probably due to the many patients that come in to see him everyday.

Mar 19th, 2012

He's caring and attentive. He will research your questions if necessary.

May 5th, 2011

Great dr. delivered both my kids and showed much concern for my pregnancies. He is a little busy but he always finds time to sit down and talk to me and make sure im not worried about anything.

Jul 23rd, 2010

i feel that he is very professional...caring well after 13 years or so with Dr. Griffin I find that he does care, he just seems to get upset that I dont care as much as him for my own health!

|  Incompetent  |  show details
by Paula on Feb 20th, 2009

More interested in money than spending time with patient. Doesn't seem to want to get to KNOW the patients that come to his office.