Dr. Paul Gruszka MD Patient Reviews

3.6

• Good
  • Bad

July 28th, 2016
Do not let this doctor operate on you!
I went to this doctor for a meniscus repair. The meniscus repair ended up at only a 5% area on outer edge. He also decided to "clean up a little of that cartilage." I've been in pain and a trip around the grocery store is about all I've been able to handle these last two years since the operation. He did lubrication shots (no help, more money for him.) Finally he had me try a voltaren gel and said if it didn't help "I don't know what to tell you." That was when our conversations on the subject ended. I don't know how he can get these good ratings on here. Most arrogant, could care less doctor I've ever met with.

September 12th, 2015
Right Shoulder Surgery
I DID NOT LIKE THE FACT THAT WHEN I WENT TO SEE HIM, I FELT I WAS RUSHED. I KEPT TELLING HIM MY SHOULDER WAS STILL HURTING AND I WAS STILL IN ALOT OF PAIN AND HE DID NOTHING EXCEPT GIVE ME A SLIP FOR MORE PHYSICAL THERAPHY. AS MUCH AS I COMPLAINED NO OTHER TEST WAS ORDERED AND I DID HAVE A DEEP TEAR ON THE SHOULDER AFTER ANOTHER DOCTOR ORDERED ANOTHER MRI, AND I NEVER WENT BACK TO HIM AND I WILL NEVER TELL ANYONE ELSE TO GO TO HIM. ALL THE PAIN I WENT THROUGH I WOULDN'T SEND MY WORST ENEMY TO HIM.

August 6th, 2014
excellent treatment
I saw this doctor after I had shattered my wrist after I fell on ice. He did surgery on my wrist with pins and screws and I never had a problem after. I would highly recommend.

August 5th, 2014
Good doctor
He did my mother's knee replacement. She is 80. He took the time to explain everything and now she is walking without any pain. He is on time which is rare these days.

July 31st, 2014
Good surgeon
I was referred to this physician by a friend. After a bunch of xrays, he took the time to listen to me and do a full exam. Many times I have been to a doctor and all they do is look at a computer screen, He then took the time to explain my condition to me in terms that I could understand. He did not rush to recommend surgery as I had feared and now I am better.

April 14th, 2014
Referred as 2nd opinion, first words out of mouth was disrespectful of me and my history and previous surgeon. Did not speak to me but my WC rep. Not happy with his bedside manor, not kind, felt rushed and uncertain about professional when personal is so poor. Page wont let me post without giving a star score, when in reality I only want to give him a half......there is my honesty...don't be the last pt of the day. Staff in room don;t make eye contact, back to me the hole time....very uneasy feelings....

October 14th, 2013
Amazing Dr.
Dr. Gruszka was amazing when my son was in a bad accident . He broke both of his feet. Unsure if he would be able to walk again, after Dr. Greszka 's amazing work he ended up being our starting kicker for our football team! He needed shoulder surgery from a football injury, one again Dr.Greszka was the man! Love him! He does great work! I would highly recommend him to anyone.

July 13th, 2012
Great Doctor
I went to Dr. Gruszka with a problem that was troubling me for a while. He quickly diagnosed it and started me on my road to recovery. He was kind, professional, patiently listened to my questions and explained everything to me.He was terrific on follow up visits. I would recommend him to anyone.

July 13th, 2012
This is an amazing surgeon!
Anybody who speaks poorly of Dr. Gruszka I question their judgement. I have had multiple surgeries with him and could not be happier. Ten years later I am still referring family and friends to him and he remembers me. He even remembered me when I wa refereeing his daughter's soccer game. He is polite and conservative and listens to what the patient wants and needs. Every person I have ever referred has been more than happy with him an his work.

March 15th, 2011
Dr. Gruszka had poor bedside manners and did not offer any options when treating my broken hand. Police officers beware, he was much less helpful when he learned of my occupation and appeared to have a person problem with police officers in general. I was reffered to Dr. Gene Fedor of Hobart St. Marys and couldnt be happier.

August 20th, 2016