Dr. Paul Helfgott MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 12th, 2015
HORRIBLE!!!!! First of all didn't See Doctor until 6 months after initial call for appointment. When I finally seen doctor about my migraines without any MRI or any other tests he just tried to throw pills at the problem. I asked if I didn't need test done he said would it make you happy if I order you an MRI. My response was as a doctor shouldn't you figure out the problem? He's nothing but a pharmaceutical doctor. If you need a real neurological doctor don't see this one.

March 2nd, 2013
The best Neurologist in LA
Dr Helfgott is four star and I would give him six if I could. I am a 15+ year patient. I sympathize with relatives and caregivers of patients with severe mental problems, but from a patient's point of view, I want a Doctor who sees ME as the patient. Dr. Helfgott is that person. I am a partially controlled epileptic without possibility of improvement.

October 17th, 2012
Classic God Complex
When I asked if there was still swelling in my brothers brain Dr. Helfgott seemed to be appalled that I had the nerve to question him. He said his physical exam was the only test necessary to declare my brother brain dead and recommend taking him off all life support. He backs this up with his many years experience of treating people who do not wake up after the third day spend the rest of their lives like a vegetable. If that is true why does he wait 14 days to tell this to the family. My guess is more money in his pocket. The vegetable remark seems to imply a Persistent Vegetative State a diagnosis that is much to early to make, also brain dead and a Persistent Vegetative State are two completely different conditions. When another doctor from his practice came in with a test result that showed brain swelling he tested his reflexes and said his pupils were responsive, he said you have to give it time because he is still young so he has a chance at recovery. Bottom line: stay away from this doctor and all doctors in the same office. But if you are looking for PHYSICIAN ASSISTED SUICIDE then Dr. Helfgott is the man to see.

June 16th, 2010
Finally got an answer
Dr. Helfgott was the only Dr. that took the time to evaluate my Mother completly.Unfortunately, the news was not good she had Alzheimers and Parkinson's but at least we finally knew what we were dealing with. This diagnose was confirmed by him spending about 40 minutes or so asking my Mom to do many different things and medical test. My Mom passed away in Jan. 2010 but I could never thank Dr. Helfgott enough for the answers and guidance he gave during her illness.I have referred other patients to him.

April 23rd, 2010
Horribble
No need to write. He doesn't ever deserve a iece of my comments.